Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I guess no one else has seen Spirit of the Beehive. I'm so alone. :unsure:

I've seen it, again one of my favourite films. I don't think there's ever been a finer child performance in any film I've seen than Ana Torrent's. Those eyes are just mesmerising. I think the ghost of Spirit Of the Beehive runs through Pan's Labyrinth as well, not just through the fact that both contain curious girls who want to explore beyond familiar surroundings, but also in cinematography and occasionally the script.

El Sol del Membrillo is an amazing film too... I have to get my hands on a copy of El Sur.

I guess no one else has seen Spirit of the Beehive. I'm so alone. :unsure:

I've seen it, again one of my favourite films. I don't think there's ever been a finer child performance in any film I've seen than Ana Torrent's. Those eyes are just mesmerising. I think the ghost of Spirit Of the Beehive runs through Pan's Labyrinth as well, not just through the fact that both contain curious girls who want to explore beyond familiar surroundings, but also in cinematography and occasionally the script.

El Sol del Membrillo is an amazing film too... I have to get my hands on a copy of El Sur.

I'll give them a go in that case. Ta.

Dogville. Very good. I can't say that I stopped noticing the fact that is was basically filmed on a blank stage (in fact I think it's something you are supposed to notice) but it definitely didn't stop me from enjoying the film immensely. Despite it's near three hour length it never seemed long or drawn out.

Dogville. Very good. I can't say that I stopped noticing the fact that is was basically filmed on a blank stage (in fact I think it's something you are supposed to notice) but it definitely didn't stop me from enjoying the film immensely. Despite it's near three hour length it never seemed long or drawn out.

Excellent film.

John Hurt's narration is tip top.

What becomes of the broken hearted?

It's the follow up to Once were warriors and is based around the gang culture in New Zealand, if you enjoyed the first one you'll definitely enjoy this.

David Kelly!

Remember to rent Manderlay now, it's part two and is also class.

Aye I saw that on the imdb yesterday, I think I'll add it onto my list. He's making the third part too I think.

John Hurt's narration is excellent although it pissed off wor lass who was trying to go to sleep while I was watching it!

David Kelly!

Remember to rent Manderlay now, it's part two and is also class.

Aye I saw that on the imdb yesterday, I think I'll add it onto my list. He's making the third part too I think.

John Hurt's narration is excellent although it pissed off wor lass who was trying to go to sleep while I was watching it!

Aye, Wasington it's called.

Indefinately on the back burner for the moment though.

A Scanner Darkly - enjoyed it, pretty true to the book in both content and the paranoid near-future feel of Dick's text. Like the rotoscope animation effects too. And Woody Harrelson was great in it.

A Scanner Darkly - enjoyed it, pretty true to the book in both content and the paranoid near-future feel of Dick's text. Like the rotoscope animation effects too. And Woody Harrelson was great in it.

Speaking of which, must give Kingpin a watch! ;)

kingpin.jpg

Speaking of which, must give Kingpin a watch! ;)

kingpin.jpg

Flossing? Where'd I get Munson from? :nufc:

Keen to see this. I've got it at the top of my list and was hoping it would get sent out to me today but they must have them all sent out ;)

Alien, Director's Cut. 10/10. Still as scary today as it was the first time I saw it. Isn't it great that two of the finest sci-fi films ever made were directed by a guy from South Shields? I still think this is his greatest achievement and one of the most brilliant films of all time.

Alien, Director's Cut. 10/10. Still as scary today as it was the first time I saw it. Isn't it great that two of the finest sci-fi films ever made were directed by a guy from South Shields? I still think this is his greatest achievement and one of the most brilliant films of all time.

Great film but I still prefer Aliens which is one the select sequels to improve on the original film.

Mackem-tastic!

dawn of the dead only cos it was on c4 lol...shite like.

:nufc: Zombies shouldn't run! Fact.

the whole thing about zombies, the essence is that it's an inevitable tide of death, you can blow their lmbs off, but still they keep coming.

;) Braaaaains....

Ronin, was alreet.

No it isn't.

;)

Why do you dislike it?

I absolutely hate it, it's complete and utter shite of the lowest order.

A small selection of the reasons why I hate it:

- Massive gaping plot holes.

- Ridiculous storyline.

- Shockingly bad acting.

- Rubbish dialogue.

- Sean Bean.

- Sean Bean.

- Excessively long car chase.

- Poor cinematography.

- Lame special effects.

- No basis in reality.

- Sean Bean.