Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Happy Face, I saw World trade Centre on DVD yesterday. First of all, I'll admit the connection made with Iraq was pretty slight, but I still think it would have been better not to make it. But as for the rest, I think it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. Dull, slow, and tedious are all adjectives that could be applied to it, I very nearly gave up on watching it. Some bits were truely cringeworthy, I kept on having to pinch myself to remind me that Olver Stone directed this garbage.

Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen this take my advice and don't bother.

You haven't seen Alexander the Great then. Oim emperor of the world to be sure.

Agreed, Alexander was terrible.

It was incredibly dull and the decision to make the Macedonians speak with Irish accents (i'm guessing on the basis that Farrell couldn't do anything else) was ludicrous!

Farrell's popularity is still a mystery to me. The man has 0 charisma.

Happy Face, I saw World trade Centre on DVD yesterday. First of all, I'll admit the connection made with Iraq was pretty slight, but I still think it would have been better not to make it. But as for the rest, I think it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. Dull, slow, and tedious are all adjectives that could be applied to it, I very nearly gave up on watching it. Some bits were truely cringeworthy, I kept on having to pinch myself to remind me that Olver Stone directed this garbage.

Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen this take my advice and don't bother.

You haven't seen Alexander the Great then. Oim emperor of the world to be sure.

Agreed, Alexander was terrible.

It was incredibly dull and the decision to make the Macedonians speak with Irish accents (i'm guessing on the basis that Farrell couldn't do anything else) was ludicrous!

It was like an ancient flashback of bally kissangel !

Just got back from an advanced screening of Hot Fuzz. Absolutley fantastic, a hundred times better than Shaun of the Dead...

Cost £10, which is a bargain considering I was also given a copy of the latter on DVD and a signed poster. :o

:o Fuck off man, Rocky II is the best. IV is when it descended into a comic (it was well on its way to that in III though).

Fuck off man the soundtrack alone stands it as the greatest! let's also not forget it really spoke of the political tensions of the time. :unsure:

Children of men. Crap really I wanted to like thjis because it is arty and indy but it was shite. And if I find out who played the Geordie I am going to hunt him down and "kill him" (in a Dr evil voice)

Loads of people seem to like it but my mate thought it was pants too.

Anyway, watched 'All About My Mother' by the same director who did 'Volver'. It's absolutely class - a tale of the bitter twists of fate with a pregnant, HIV infected nun, ladyboys and heroin-addicted actress set in modern-day Barcelona. Well worth a watch.