Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I have a general feeling iof dislike towards film bores. It annoys me that art house films get high praise for being turgid boring crap because they have a deeper hidden meaning and there use of light with the grainy exposure of the film signifies man's existence.

I like films to entertain me or being academically fulfilling.

Just the same as wine buffs, food critics, music snobs, art conoisseurs etc.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a greater than average interest in anything and trying to find out more about it, but anyone who does should really try not to condescend to people that don't. Pretension is not good.

I have a general feeling iof dislike towards film bores. It annoys me that art house films get high praise for being turgid boring crap because they have a deeper hidden meaning and there use of light with the grainy exposure of the film signifies man's existence.

Don't buy The Independent then. They hate any film unless it's made by a one eyed lesbian Iranian.

Don't buy The Independent then. They hate any film unless it's made by a one eyed lesbian Iranian.

to be fair her work is incredible.

While I agree that some people can become to involved with following obscure music/film trends, I think that a lot of this board have a geuine passion for one form of media or another. Certainly they're capable of talking on the subject with a gusto and intelligence which suggests that their's is not pretention for pretentions sake, rather a hobby which borders on obsession. Luckily it's this side of of sanity.

However a lot of people, when on the receiving end of criticism for their tastes in music or film will react to the perception of the attacker, rather than the criticism of the film or song. If Patrokles slates Geri Halliwell, it's not because he wants to perpetuate an aura of supeiority, it's because he knows enough about music to see that she offers fuck all in terms of originality or quality. If Happy Face rails against Beerfest ti's because it's a bad film, not because by claiming to like Swedish Silent Movies between 1930 and 1940 he somehow scores points.

I may have taken this opportunity to sound a little pompous... sorry :lol

to be fair her work is incredible.

While I agree that some people can become to involved with following obscure music/film trends, I think that a lot of this board have a geuine passion for one form of media or another. Certainly they're capable of talking on the subject with a gusto and intelligence which suggests that their's is not pretention for pretentions sake, rather a hobby which borders on obsession. Luckily it's this side of of sanity.

(See link in sig) :D

Goal II

Enjoyable but not as good as the first one.

Dear god!!!

Yes, I am the person that actually liked the first one.

Goal II

Dear god!!!

Well to be fair you could always knock one out to the site of NUFC scoring on the big screen! :D

Nah, but Anna Friel on the other hand...

Goal II

Dear god!!!

Well to be fair you could always knock one out to the site of NUFC scoring on the big screen! :D

Is Beckham in it much?

Mulholland Drive - ?

One of the better reviews in this thread tbh.

I think it nicely sums the film up :D

Actually I think I might have really liked it but you never can tell with a David Lynch film. I'm still trying to work out what the fuck was going on, some of the scenes seemed to have been left in from when it was going to be a series and have no part to play in the film.

Mind you the girl on girl action assures it of a place in my heart anyway!

Hot Fuzz - Brilliant, just brilliant.

Is it? I was considering this but trouble is I can have my fill of Simon Pegg's mate quite quickly.

Might pop along though if it's honestly that good.

Is it? I was considering this but trouble is I can have my fill of Simon Pegg's mate quite quickly.

Saw it the other week, the funniest film I've seen in years.

Do you know who played Michael, the Lurch, trolley boy character?

Sammy - I'm a big fan off both of them so that might bias my viewpoint, I think together they're very funny. There's a lot of other stuff in there as well but if you have an active dislike of Nick Frost then you might get very sick fairly quickly. If you liked Shaun of the Dead you'd be a fool to miss this though.

Have to mention I'm already looking forward to "Run Fat Man, Run" - more Pegg, but with Dylan Moran in on it as well. A bit more slapstick I think though.

Do you know who played Michael, the Lurch, trolley boy character?

Sammy - I'm a big fan off both of them so that might bias my viewpoint, I think together they're very funny. There's a lot of other stuff in there as well but if you have an active dislike of Nick Frost then you might get very sick fairly quickly. If you liked Shaun of the Dead you'd be a fool to miss this though.

Have to mention I'm already looking forward to "Run Fat Man, Run" - more Pegg, but with Dylan Moran in on it as well. A bit more slapstick I think though.

I recognised him but I couldn't recall from where.

Be going to see that as soon as i can get it arranged with people!

Glad to see Simon Pegg doing so well as i always thought he was underrated/underappreciated as a comedy actor over the years. Not by proper comedy fanatics who watch all the series he's appeared in, but generally alot of people would never have heard of him or seen much of him.

Goal II

Dear god!!!

Well to be fair you could always knock one out to the site of NUFC scoring on the big screen! ;)

Is Beckham in it much?

He's the star of the show in the football scenes but just has a cameo role elsewhere.

Goal II

Dear god!!!

Well to be fair you could always knock one out to the site of NUFC scoring on the big screen! ;)

Is Beckham in it much?

He's the star of the show in the football scenes but just has a cameo role elsewhere.

Think I will give it a miss then I can't stand the twat.