Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Patton - What a stark raving barnpot. Absoloutley looney toad quack. Cracking film. George C.Scott was already a legend, probably up here - , but after this the man is a god, right up here ^.

Howl's Moving Castle - Excellent, at least as good as Spirited Away.

I have the pop up castle DVD. <_<

Hot Fuzz, really good i thought.

:unsure: Might even go see it again.

I thought it was shite.

Aye, i think you said.

Viva Zapatero - Imagine if Tony Blair had Have I Got News For You, Rory Bremner, Dead Ringers, The Day Today and any other political satire taken off air for ridiculing him or his policies. It's inconceivable, but that's exactly what Silvio Berlusconi has done in Italy and seems to have gotten away with. It's not a particularly cinematic documentary and has little to say other than facism is being reintroduced in Italy while the opposition do nothing, but that's still an incredible premise and I'd advise anyone to watch it. Do any Italians frequent Toontastic? Is this not a source of complete outrage over there? Mind you, I would ban Italian satirical shows for being depressingly unfunny, the one laugh out loud moment is provided by Bird and Fortune on Bremner's show. But the fact that politics is deemed a taboo subject for comedians in Italy is incredible to me. Even worse is the fact that journalists in Berlusconi's employment go along with it while their peers are hounded out of the business.

The Death of Mr Lazarescu - This has had rave reviews all over the shop and I was looking forward to it. I knew it was about a dying man's wait for treatment in the Romanian health service (which sounds very boring) but reviews were so positive I thought it must have something about it. It didn't. I was bored out of my tiny little mind for two and a half hours. The odd shocking moment towards the end wasn't enough to drag me out of my stupour. The entire nursing population of Romania are absoloutley stunning like, and the eye candy held my attention until the end but I really can't see why this was voted world film of the year by BBC4.

Roger Dodger - I only caught the last hour of this on telly last night but thoroughly enjoyed it. A coming of age story about a 16 year old visiting his lothario uncle in New York, as daft as the plot was of this kid getting stuck into gorgeous birds all over, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Old Boy. Without doubt the best Korean film I've ever seen. Fucking bizarre and quite disturbing in the end (which I did guess). I can't imagine a film like this ever being made in America.

The remake is on the way. :unsure:

EDIT: Seems to have been scrapped now.

Edited by Happy Face

Old Boy. Without doubt the best Korean film I've ever seen. Fucking bizarre and quite disturbing in the end (which I did guess). I can't imagine a film like this ever being made in America.

Class film - Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance by the same bloke are also well worth a watch.

The remake is on the way. :unsure:

EDIT: Seems to have been scrapped now.

I was nearly looking like a right tit there <_<

I should have said they could have never come up with something like this on their own!

Currently watching The Departed. :blush:

Watched it twice now. Perhaps my initial scathing of this film was unwarranted... <_<

Oh aye I forgot about that..... <_<

Wahlberg is on now. :unsure:

Watched a load of movies on some recent long haul flights. Mainly just easy-to-watch stuff:

School of Scoundrels - amusing in parts

Devil wears Prada - Good. Glenn Close played a good part and Anne Hathaway is tasty. :lol:

Accepted - American trash

The Alibi - so so

The Prestige - V. Good.

My Super Exgirlfriend - Luke Wilson annoys me. below average.

The Breakup - average.

Watched a load of movies on some recent long haul flights. Mainly just easy-to-watch stuff:

School of Scoundrels - amusing in parts

Devil wears Prada - Good. Glenn Close played a good part and Anne Hathaway is tasty. :lol:

Accepted - American trash

The Alibi - so so

The Prestige - V. Good.

My Super Exgirlfriend - Luke Wilson annoys me. below average.

The Breakup - average.

I agree about Hathaway. How was Perth?

Don't Look Now and Metropolis.

Both very good. I always thought Don't Look Now sounded a bit slight (the daughter drowns, the parents shag) but there was a bit more to it and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite still being a bit lost by it all. Looking forward to working it out a bit more.

Metropolis is astonishing even with half the scenes replaced with cards. Apparently the cost at the time was the equivalent of spending £200million these days, and it's all on screen. And it tells the story of the Tower of Babel far better than Babel does.

Both very good. I always thought Don't Look Now sounded a bit slight (the daughter drowns, the parents shag) but there was a bit more to it and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite still being a bit lost by it all. Looking forward to working it out a bit more.

It's just a film mate. Just enjoy it and leave it at that. :lol:

My review would have been: Don't Look Now: Scary but pretty good. That old biddy is scary as fuck!

It's just a film mate. Just enjoy it and leave it at that. :lol:

My review would have been: Don't Look Now: Scary but pretty good. That old biddy is scary as fuck!

Nah, I like to at least try to understand something I like.

It's just a film mate. Just enjoy it and leave it at that. :unsure:

Nah, I like to at least try to understand something I like.

:lol: If you liked it then you must have already understood it to a sufficient degree though, no? I can't imagine you'll like it any more by "working it out a bit more."