Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Tell him to fuck off with Snatch tbh. It's absolute shite. The rest are worth seeing.

Agreed, I thought it was fucking terrible.

A Scanner Darkly. Not sure why they felt the need to do the animation as the fact that it looked as good as it did just distracted me at times. That said I thought it was a good film with much more to think about than most adaptations of Dick's work (which I've never read but I'm told is much closer in tone to this than any of the other films).

My boyfriend announced it was a travesty that I'd never seen it. Next up: Lock Stock, Reservoir Dogs, Trainspotting and Snatch as my education continues. :D

Haven't seen any of them either :lol:

Or Pulp Fiction, still.

A Scanner Darkly. Not sure why they felt the need to do the animation as the fact that it looked as good as it did just distracted me at times. That said I thought it was a good film with much more to think about than most adaptations of Dick's work (which I've never read but I'm told is much closer in tone to this than any of the other films).

Definitely closer to his written work than other adaptations (even 'Bladerunner' isn't really like 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep'). I enjoyed it too.

And last night: The Ipcress File :lol:

That role was made for Michael Caine.

Definitely closer to his written work than other adaptations (even 'Bladerunner' isn't really like 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep'). I enjoyed it too.

And last night: The Ipcress File :lol:

That role was made for Michael Caine.

Ipcress is class Harry.

Tell him to fuck off with Snatch tbh. It's absolute shite. The rest are worth seeing.

The fight/Fuckin in the bushes bit is brilliant.

I loved Snatch, what's wrong with it?

Not that much.

People just don't like Guy Ritchie because they think he's a mockney twat.

Not that much.

People just don't like Guy Ritchie because they think he's a mockney twat.

I loved Lock, Stock... but I really disliked Snatch.

I liked Snatch just not as much as Lock Stock because it really seemed to re hash a lot of the ideas. If Snatch had been made first I think peoples feelings on it would have been the other way round. From what I can gather Snatch seems to have been much better received overseas.

Anyway I should have Rashomon sitting waiting for me tonight and that Three Burials should arrive tomorrow so I'm looking forward to watching them over the weekend.

I liked Snatch just not as much as Lock Stock because it really seemed to re hash a lot of the ideas. If Snatch had been made first I think peoples feelings on it would have been the other way round. From what I can gather Snatch seems to have been much better received overseas.

Spot on.

Anyway I should have Rashomon sitting waiting for me tonight and that Three Burials should arrive tomorrow so I'm looking forward to watching them over the weekend.

Rashomon is Kurosawa's best imo

Spot on.

Rashomon is Kurosawa's best imo

I have to admit I was slightly underwhelmed by Seven Samurai but that might have something to do with recording it off one of those dodgy channels on sky with crap sound and picture quality. And constantly comparing it to The Magnificent Seven which of course has a much more familar cast to me.

The story of Rashomon sounds really interesting though.

Vinne Jones has a bigger part in it, that's my main beef. But other than that Snatch just feels like a substandard Lock Stock. It still has its moments though.

Vinne Jones has a bigger part in it, that's my main beef. But other than that Snatch just feels like a substandard Lock Stock. It still has its moments though.

I don't mind Vinnie in either of them tbh.

I think that's the reason why I liked it better than Lock Stock - I saw Snatch first. They really are quite similar.

I think that's the reason why I liked it better than Lock Stock - I saw Snatch first. They really are quite similar.

I agree, I can understand why someone would criticise it for just being more of the same but can't really get how someone could think one is good and the other shite.