Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Slither - actually not too bad. some good black humour in it.

Evil aliens - mostly shite but worth it for the alien massacre scene with the combine harvester set to the tune of 'Ive got a brand new combine harvester' by the wurzels <_<

Did anyone watch "My Life As A Child"? Just finished on BBC2 and it was amazing. First aired a few years ago, so not sure if it's a run of repeats or all new episodes, but either way it's the first time I've seen it and I was gobsmaked. Kids under 11 were given cameras to film their own life for up to 2 years. Tonight they had a couple of kids who don't see their dad's much. Both came accross as more grown up and able to see the bigger picture than the adults. It was heartreaking stuff to watch them suffer, but moreso because of the brave face they constantly put on it. I'll be tuning in again next week.

Just for a bit of balance, I thought History of Violence was awesome from start to finish.

The final nail in your coffin as a film critic tbh <_<

I'm no more of a critic than anyone else and never claimed to be tbf.

Christ, Brock has most posts in the music thread, and he's hardly clued up on the best sounds is he.

33tieljap4.gif

Beg to differ.

Going to watch The Ring on Saturday. Looks like the sort of film that'll scare me shitless. Remake mind, haven't got the original Japanese version.

Hoping Dead Silence will be alright when it comes out. Looks good.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Been meaning to watch this for ages and finally got round to it tonight and was very impressed which is a relief seeing as its the first film in about a year that I've actually really liked.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Been meaning to watch this for ages and finally got round to it tonight and was very impressed which is a relief seeing as its the first film in about a year that I've actually really liked.

Stunning film

Stunning film

On a Nicholson-esque theme

The Departed, thoroughly enjoyable gangster/bad cop romp

Di Caprio was excellent, which was a surprise

Edited by Toonpack

Caught the last hour or so of Goodfellas.

Pisses all over The Departed, simply awesome.

Aye, I watched Goodfellas last night too. Then flicked over for the last hour or so of Van Wilder.

I have no shame.

Edited by geordieshandy

Pale Rider

OKish but too similar to so many other movies of its kind.

The scene where he does jaws with the sledge hammer is quality. Don't know about claiming their land back but he certainly got a couple of acres

Little miss sunshine. Didn't even make it to the end of the film. Unadulterated shite. Let's try to make this as quirky as possible. How about trying to make it either A: Funny or B: Entertaining or C: Thrilling did not live up to any of these criteria which is why I watch films (you can through in knowledge enhancement but knew it wasn't going to be that).

The History Boys. Loved it funny and endearing although it was a bit of an Alan Bennet gay fantasy film where all the schoolboys want teacher to suck them off.

Went to see The Premonition today with mrs hips. I wish I had stayed at home and watched a re-run of last night's game tbh. Shit.

2/10 (two for Sandra Bullocks' peanut smuggling)

Agreed. Fancy going a week without at least warning him how he was going to die and how he could avoid it.

Also, if every other morning you woke up and your bloke was brown bread i think id be getting the pro plus in to make sure i didnt fall asleep.