Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Ladykillers. :rolleyes:

Original or remake?

Original.

Pure class. Haven't even seen the remake. I like the Coen Brothers, obviously, but I just don't see the point in it.

Original or remake?

Original.

Pure class. Haven't even seen the remake. I like the Coen Brothers, obviously, but I just don't see the point in it.

I wish I hadn't seen it.

Venice festival line-up revealed

European films are set to dominate the 65th Venice Film Festival, with fewer Hollywood movies to be shown because of the impact of the writers' strike.

All but two of the 21 titles competing for the Italian event's coveted Golden Lion will be world premieres.

They include Kathryn Bigelow's Iraq war drama Hurt Locker, with Ralph Fiennes, and Marco Bechis' Birdwatchers.

The festival opens on 27 August with an out-of-competition premiere of Joel and Ethan Coen's Burn After Reading.

It stars Coen favourite George Clooney, along with John Malkovich, Brad Pitt and Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton.

Favourites

German director Wim Wenders, whose work includes 1999's Buena Vista Social Club, will head the festival jury.

Among the favourites for the Golden Lion are Japanese directors Takeshi Kitano, with Achilles and the Tortoise, and Hayao Miyasaki, for the animated feature Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

Other strong contenders include US director Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler, starring Mickey Rourke, and French film-maker Barbet Schroeder's thriller L'Inju: la Bete dans l'Ombre, or The Beast in the Shadows.

Films being shown out of competition include 35 Rums by French director Claire Denis, Iranian film-maker Abbas Kiarostami's Shirin and an autobiographical documentary by Australian director Agnes Varda.

This year's festival will be dedicated to the late Egyptian director Youssef Chahine, organisers said.

The central figure in post-war Arab cinema, Chahine died on Sunday aged 82 after spending several weeks in a coma.

:rolleyes:

Original or remake?

Original.

I wish I hadn't seen it.

The strangest thing about that film is the performance of Tom Hanks, which is obvioulsy based on that of the same part by Alec Guiness, but Hanks claimed he never saw the latter.

Original or remake?

Original.

I wish I hadn't seen it.

You sussed them two frauds eventually then 2J :rolleyes:

Original or remake?

Original.

I wish I hadn't seen it.

You sussed them two frauds eventually then 2J :rolleyes:

Never. :rolleyes:

The Machinist.

Great performance by Christian Bale. Still can't get over how thin he was.

:rolleyes: I found him really creepy and menacing in that role, good film.

Just watched Boogie nights :rolleyes: I enjoyed it tbh some parts dragged but all in all it was good.

The Machinist.

Great performance by Christian Bale. Still can't get over how thin he was.

Amazing really. Especially knowing he went on to do Batman Begins few months later. In an interview he said he was only having a coffee and an apple every day.

Don't Mess With The Zohan. Typical Sandler affair but canny funny. Much better than Little Nicky (which isn't difficult) but not as good as Airheads or Happy Gilmore.

Is that out already? I want to see it just for the feet thing! "You smell, you smell, you take" :icon_lol:

Don't Mess With The Zohan. Typical Sandler affair but canny funny. Much better than Little Nicky (which isn't difficult) but not as good as Airheads or Happy Gilmore.

Is that out already? I want to see it just for the feet thing! "You smell, you smell, you take" :blink:

It is if you know which sites to look on :icon_lol:

15th at the pictures though.

The Isle. Nice slice of Korean weirdness.

oooooh, the hook.

:blink:

:nufc:

:icon_lol: Aye, wtf? In fact the whole thing was a bit wtf? Good film though.

Has anyone seen The Mist? It's Frank Darabont's latest Steven King adaption. I hadn't realised it had been out yet and I've just got a downloaded copy.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&pid=409445

Usually a hard one to please as well my mate. Sounds shite like

I fail to see how Darabont doing King (in an adaptational (possibly a made up word) sense) can be bad but I'll find out shortly.

And I just noticed your coments about Millers Crossing Wacky. You want shot with shit for that mate, it's an absolute classic.

Seriously I had to turn it off, as wooden as a set of russian dolls imo

So wrong.

Watched it again in bed this morning. By christ it's a work of genius.

"There's nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat."

Probably why Wacky didn't like it, he's constantly chasing women around with his dick hanging out. :icon_lol: