Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I didnt find that film funny or feel that it had a particularly good moral standpoint either. Not to mention the dubious decision to have a love triangle featuring a 40year old man and a 16 year old girl

It wasn't a love triangle at all.

He just liked her. She reminded him of his youthful exuberance which his married life had stolen from him.

Thou shalt not think that any male over 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a paedophile, some people are just nice.

....unless he tried to kiss her. Did he? I can't remember actually.

:D

I didnt find that film funny or feel that it had a particularly good moral standpoint either. Not to mention the dubious decision to have a love triangle featuring a 40year old man and a 16 year old girl

Then you've (unsurprisingly) missed the point of the film

It wasn't a love triangle at all.

He just liked her. She reminded him of his youthful exuberance which his married life had stolen from him.

Thou shalt not think that any male over 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a paedophile, some people are just nice.

....unless he tried to kiss her. Did he? I can't remember actually.

:D

No he didn't.

He tells Juno he will quit his wife while he is dancing with her.

I thought it was a comedy, it's clearly not

Thou shalt not question Steven Fry

Seen the Dark Knight the other week, amazing I thought. So stick that up your arse Iron Man! :D

I really enjoyed them both for very different reasons. Both could have done with being a few rungs up the rating ladder like. There's no way The Dark Knight should have been a 12A and Iron Man should have had the freedom to be written as a more adult film.

I totally understand why neither of these things were possible, before anybody starts.

seen a few recently

no country for old men - i thought it was classic. nice to see the cohens go back to the dark side. they do it as well as they do comedy

there will be blood - it was an enjoyable performance from day lewis but i was expecting something more gripping after all the hype. could have had half an hour shaved offf the length or me

the dark knight - loved it. belting performance from heath ledger. the only thing that annoyed me about the film was the totally gay voice christian bale put on everytime he donned the batman suit.

Watched Fight Club again yesterday after a few years, forgot how good this film is, brilliant.

You should read the book. It's better.

the dark knight - loved it. belting performance from heath ledger. the only thing that annoyed me about the film was the totally gay voice christian bale put on everytime he donned the batman suit.

I know what you mean, but if he had the voice altered electronically straight away there would be too much separation between Batman and Bruce Wayne imo. Maybe in the next film there'll be a voice modulator thingy...

there will be blood - it was an enjoyable performance from day lewis but i was expecting something more gripping after all the hype. could have had half an hour shaved offf the length or me

:lol:

:(

:huh:

He forgot to mention the shit score. :(

i honestly thought it was too long, as is the case in many modern films. there was no need for that film to drag on for almost 3 hours. i was really enjoying it, but like lots of films i've seen recently, i think it would have benefited from being half an hour shorter - the editors should have done their job and took their heads out of their arses. the last hour just plodded along

i honestly thought it was too long, as is the case in many modern films. there was no need for that film to drag on for almost 3 hours. i was really enjoying it, but like lots of films i've seen recently, i think it would have benefited from being half an hour shorter - the editors should have done their job and took their heads out of their arses. the last hour just plodded along

Each to their own mate.

:huh:

I agree with you in general but not for this one, it didn't really seem that long to me. I thought it was class. I'd probably have to be 'in the mood' to watch it again though.

Watched Fight Club again yesterday after a few years, forgot how good this film is, brilliant.

You should read the book. It's better.

They followed the book pretty much to the letter...

Cracking all the same though.