Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Never seen rec or rec2. rec sounded canny good though. Gonna try and remember to get a copy of it.

Here man, this is the Film You Recently Watched thread. Not the film you will make an attempt to see over the weekend and will no doubt mentally criticise thread. Let us know what it's like when you've seen it - until then, keep it zipped. :angry:

People in Glass houses etc etc

:lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Watched One Night in Turin there. The title is a bit misleading cos its on 93 minutes, and only about 25 are about the Semi against Germany. It really takes you back like, absolutely fantastic viewing, takes you right back. I remember watching the witch doctor in Cameroon on the news the night before the game shaking the sticks and stones in a bowl and smattering them on the table as a way of prediction "TWOOO ONE CAMEROON", and I remember watching the game thinking about it when we were 2-1 down. Loads of little things. It's a great watch and everyone knows how close we were to winning the World Cup, but we really were, even then though you always thought they're Germany we can't win can we? Heartbreaking. Lovely subtitles where you see SBR talking to Robson, and it has subtitles lip reading what he's said "you were absolutely magnificent out there son, you'll be at the next one, you've got your whole life in front of you." Absolute legend, the press then were worse than they are now and that's saying something, SBR went there public enemy number one because of the press, absolute cunts like Harry Harris and in particular Brian "ugly fuckin hack cunt big haired sheep bastard" Woolnough, but Bobby came back a hero as he always was, as did Gazza. Honestly 9/10.

Another thing from the film as well it actually puts Lothar Matthaus in a human light, which I didn't think was possible, he was tremendous with Waddle.

Never seen rec or rec2. rec sounded canny good though. Gonna try and remember to get a copy of it.

Here man, this is the Film You Recently Watched thread. Not the film you will make an attempt to see over the weekend and will no doubt mentally criticise thread. Let us know what it's like when you've seen it - until then, keep it zipped. :angry:

People in Glass houses etc etc

:lol:

That was in response to a question. :icon_lol:

I quite liked it to be honest and I thought they come across quite well.

I do like White but I can see why others don't. He seems to be so firm in his beliefs but at the same time he'll happily contradict them in like a week!

''We only use equipment pre 62''. Now he's playing a brand new Gretch which cost about £30k and a new pedal board etc etc.

I quite liked it to be honest and I thought they come across quite well.

I do like White but I can see why others don't. He seems to be so firm in his beliefs but at the same time he'll happily contradict them in like a week!

''We only use equipment pre 62''. Now he's playing a brand new Gretch which cost about £30k and a new pedal board etc etc.

Did you notice in the Raconteurs footage, he's actually got two or three in his guitar stand!

Plus the fact he constantly contradicts himself drives me nuts, it's like reading a thread with posts from the skidmark and leaze in it.

Best moment has to be when the edge is showing them the riff for I Will Follow and Page asks him if it's in C, only for the brainless Irishman to stare at him lost - then at the end Page goes, "are you sure it's not in C?"

I see the guy who produced the strat documentary has just released one on telecasters.

strat documentary? Will have to give that a watch and as I'm going to buy a telecaster quite soon (£850 down from £1400) I may as well watch that too!

I think successful musicians are always going to come across as nobs on the basis that everything has went well for them so they can talk like twats. I imagine when U2 started out as 15 year olds they probably sounded wank and it's totally pointless showing the Edge going back to stupid places doing daft things.

strat documentary? Will have to give that a watch and as I'm going to buy a telecaster quite soon (£850 down from £1400) I may as well watch that too!

I think successful musicians are always going to come across as nobs on the basis that everything has went well for them so they can talk like twats. I imagine when U2 started out as 15 year olds they probably sounded wank and it's totally pointless showing the Edge going back to stupid places doing daft things.

I don't know Tom, I think most music documentaries seem to show the opposite. Maybe it's the magnitude of the three subjects in It Might Get Loud.

Like seriously who stands there, over looking an island with their rig plugged in and tells the world they come out here to play because ... you know what I mean.

And the whole kid thing with Jack Wanker, "now he's learnin'" what a condescending cunt - I'm amazed he didn't look down the barrel and tell the audience now their learning!

Give me End of the Century or D!G or The Devil and Daniel Johnston, which you have to see if you haven't, or even Heart of Gold and I'm not a Neil Young fan.

I've seen a good portion of 'it might get loud'

Jack White is a knob and an unremarkable musician who uses excuses such as 'YOO IM PLAYING IT WITH FEELING AND SOUULLL MANNNN' to get away with what is essentially very sloppy playing. He is a twat and all this bollocks about him feeling the pain of the blues and all that warrants him being shot in the goolies so he will really feel pain.

I have mixed feelings towards Jimmy Page. A fantastic musician and I really loved Led Zep but he has blatantly ripped off so many artists it's unbelievable, there really is no excuse.

They don't now?

DIG! Is fucking class like.

The Devil and Daniel Johnston gives D!G a run for it's money.

I'd also recommend it's raining pleasure but as far as I'm aware Piccadilly Records in manc is the only shop in England that has stock, I think Rough Trade in London has sold out.

And spongebob, yes we are talking about music films.

They don't now?

You sure? IMHO they are well past their use by date.

Unforgettable Fire album and the plane should have crashed.

No one ever doubts the quality of Buddy Holly's work.

edit: sorry RoP I miss read your post :angry:

Edited by sammynb

They don't now?

And mine

They don't now?

And mine

It's like half 2 in the morning here, what do you expect?

It Might Get Loud and U2 are still as crap as Dan Brown though :lol:

Here man, this is the Film You Recently Watched thread. Not the film you will make an attempt to see over the weekend and will no doubt mentally criticise thread. Let us know what it's like when you've seen it - until then, keep it zipped. :lol:

Moderators can create a 'film one was hoping to see over the weekend, procrastinated over it, then couldn't be arsed' thread. Let Me In now fits into this category :D

Saw a top flick though, earlier in the week: "Animal Kingdom". Follows the crime orientated culture of a set of brothers, entrenched in the bank robbery business and how another younger cousin is inadvertently recruited. Without revealing any key plot spoilers but things take a turn for the worse, and what follows is a complex cat & mouse, cops versus crooks style of genre film.

Prince of Persia

Only marginally shit.

I tend to like any box-offi smash that makes political points...and there are pointed references to Iraq in this, shame it suggests the only solution is to use a dagger that can control time to go back in time and kill the baddy that started the war.