Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

REDS. Stellar cast and a very coy and entertaining toungue in cheek Bruce Willis. Good romp with some intelligent action all played out with a wink and a smile. Really enjoyed it for what it is. Stole a little too much from the Bourne films for my liking but otherwise can't fault it. One certainly for Gemmill and the like who like it easy and entertaining.

7/10

REDS. Stellar cast and a very coy and entertaining toungue in cheek Bruce Willis. Good romp with some intelligent action all played out with a wink and a smile. Really enjoyed it for what it is. Stole a little too much from the Bourne films for my liking but otherwise can't fault it. One certainly for Gemmill and the like who like it easy and entertaining.

7/10

:lol: you patronising prick.

Off to see The Social Network. Hopefully it's easy and entertaining enough for me.

7/10

Off to see The Social Network. Hopefully it's easy and entertaining enough for me.

Just in case mate, its about Facebook!

I reckon Gemmill spends most of his time in the cinema whispering 'who's that? is he one of the good guys' to his lass.

Edited by ChezGiven

7/10

:D

Well apparently Parky sat all the way through RED not realising it was an acronym for Retired Extremely Dangerous, given that he thinks it's called REDS. :lol:

Was smoking some very strong green, some of the details may have escaped my attention. Make sure you watch it though very enjoyable. :D

Inception - 2/10 DeCaprio is one of the worst actors in the world!

:lol:

it's not a 2/10 film but DiCaprio is a pretty terrible actor non?

Non.

Taking advantage of Film Four's Star Trek marathon. Watched IV The Voyage Home last night - the one where the Alien spaceship that looks like a turd with a football comes to Earth as it does every couple of hundred years to sing to humpback whales and when they don't sing back cos they're extinct it gets a bit narked and kills everything. Proper back of a fag packet plot but one of the best.

Watching VI the Undiscovered Country now. HD really doesn't do Shatner any favours.

Non.

Taking advantage of Film Four's Star Trek marathon. Watched IV The Voyage Home last night - the one where the Alien spaceship that looks like a turd with a football comes to Earth as it does every couple of hundred years to sing to humpback whales and when they don't sing back cos they're extinct it gets a bit narked and kills everything. Proper back of a fag packet plot but one of the best.

Watching VI the Undiscovered Country now. HD really doesn't do Shatner any favours.

Some of the old skool ST movies are some of the most watchable sci-fi ever.

Edited by Park Life

Non.

Wrath of Khan and The undiscovered Country are awesome.

:)

Non.

Wrath of Khan and The undiscovered Country are awesome.

The undiscovered country is the one where people try to derail a peace treaty between the Klingons and us lot.

Sukiyaki Western Django.

Sukiyaki is a Japanese dish, so it's what Takashi Miike considers a Japanese Spaghetti Western. I was really looking forward to it but was ultimately disappointed. It looks lush, loads of his flourishes, but it's just not engaging. The story is basically A Fistful of Dollars/Yojimbo (so a japanese remake of an Italian-Spanish remake of a Japanese film), but the stunted English and awful acting make it far less engrossing to watch than either of those. I couldn't wait to get away from the annoying characters....Tarantino being shitest of all.

The Match - fuck me British films after the success of The Full Monty; Let's start with a bunch of down and outs, let's put them somewhere like a small town/village and let's win/succeed/save the day so we can all feel good! Add Sam Fox before she turned, an average american actor and an appearance by Shearer (I don't know if he was any better in Purely Belter) and all ye bonnie lasses 'n' lads will be smiling.

btw the bastid jock were wearing the unwashed colours!

Taxi to the Dark Side. Scary documentary about the torture techniques employed at Abu Graib, Bagram and Guantanamo, and the involvement of senior political figures in setting the policies. It focuses particularly on the story of an Afghan taxi driver who was killed at Bagram.

The documentary felt a bit disjointed and all over the place, but its definitely worth watching.

Psycho alfred hitchcock, 1977. It's okay I guess, the suspense and the ever twisting plot made it good. Wasn't better than Rear Window or any of his other timeless classics.