Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw The Social Network on Saturday.

While not the work of genius some reviewers are calling it, it's very entertaining. It's written by the bloke who wrote and created The West Wing, and if you're a fan of that, I think you'll really enjoy this. A really, smart, funny, witty and literate script. Greed, betrayal, money ... all the usual stuff. Looks very good, too.

If I had any problems with it, it's that I wish it had a bit more depth to it.

Nevertheless, I very much recommend it.

Saw 3D

Everything you'd expect. Shit acting, shit storyline, another pointless extension to what was an amazing first film.

Oh and it won't be the last Saw film either, despite what people say. Not with an ending like that...

Saw 3D

Everything you'd expect. Shit acting, shit storyline, another pointless extension to what was an amazing first film.

Oh and it won't be the last Saw film either, despite what people say. Not with an ending like that...

I agree with you, the first is a fantastic film. I haven't even watched the 4th and 5th and I probably won't bother with the 3D, it's just getting boring now.

Saw 3D

I agree with you, the first is a fantastic film. I haven't even watched the 4th and 5th and I probably won't bother with the 3D, it's just getting boring now.

Have you seen how much money the Saw franchise has made?

Over 770m US from a combined production budget of 64m - that's including 3D which was only released last Friday (it made something like 36m over the weekend and cost 17m to make).

So yeah of course they are going to make more.

Did you know the writer of the first two and owner of the franchise started on Saturday morning TV here in Australia?

This is him reviewing Spaceballs!

REDS. Stellar cast and a very coy and entertaining toungue in cheek Bruce Willis. Good romp with some intelligent action all played out with a wink and a smile. Really enjoyed it for what it is. Stole a little too much from the Bourne films for my liking but otherwise can't fault it. One certainly for Gemmill and the like who like it easy and entertaining.

7/10

:lol: you patronising prick.

Off to see The Social Network. Hopefully it's easy and entertaining enough for me.

Was quite good as it goes. 7/10

inception. Half way through and have really lost the will to live. Will stick with it but so far it gets a 4/10

It is a nightmare and a room full of gaggling nonsense (within a dream of course) ffs! :lol:

I think they just let him do it (Nolan) cause his Batman films made so much cash.

Edited by Park Life

inception. Half way through and have really lost the will to live. Will stick with it but so far it gets a 4/10

It is a nightmare and a room full of gaggling nonsense (within a dream of course) ffs! :lol:

I think they just let him do it (Nolan) cause his Batman films made so much cash.

smuggest film ever made, every character in it is riddled with smugness within a smug, insmugtion tbh

smuggest film ever made, every character in it is riddled with smugness within a smug, insmugtion tbh

Ha, ha ... you are so right!

People have to learn that labyrinth plotting does not equal depth.

Saw 3D

Some newly devised traps, with a few storyline driven flashbacks [relating to Jigsaw] thrown in.

Ha, ha ... you are so right!

People have to learn that labyrinth plotting does not equal depth.

Especially when it ends up in bog standard shootouts, albeit with hyper slow mo thrown in. Ermm...We're just going to tell you everything that is about to happen and it's really complex, it's dreams right (not memories :icon_lol: ), so pay attention, it's a dream within a dream, it's 3 levels down, there is ureconstructed subconscious dream space down there you can get lost in, we'll be sedated, watch your thoughts, it's all really complex, we'll tellin you all this via the characters so you thick lot might follow etc....CUT To Hollywood style shootout. :lol:

This film is what the rotten tomatoes site was created for.

Edited by Park Life

The Messenger: Very highly recommended. Woody Harrellson is a very underrated dramatic actor [i liked his bit-part role in Thin Red Line] probably because of his history as being typecast as the zany type

Thought it was excellent.