Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Dark Knight Rises - Thoroughly entertaining, few points though:

1. Bane was impossible to understand at times, I know this was an issue raised from the preview screenings but clearly not fixed.

2. The fight scenes between Batman and Bane were dull, run of the mill encounters. Nothing fresh or original here.

3. Anne Hathaway looked damn fine. :spinwank:

1. Bane was impossible to understand at times, I know this was an issue raised from the preview screenings but clearly not fixed.

2. The fight scenes between Batman and Bane were dull, run of the mill encounters. Nothing fresh or original here.

Saw it last night at Bradford IMAX. I'd agree with the above (although understood Blane about 90%), plus:

4. Basic plot was a bit contrived. I know, wilful suspension of disbelief etc

Still thought it was fantastic, epic and glorious in IMAX.

The Kid With A Bike

Typical Dardenne Bros. fare I suppose, surprisingly light on its feet given the subject matter, beautifully filmed and performed. Short, too, with a particularly brisk ending. I think I liked it.

I was same as you, in saying that i thought the bass in the screen i was in was really really low, explosions weren't exactly seat shaking etc, wonder if thats why.

Saw it in IMAX last night and the explosions were nearly shaking me out of my seat. It was like being on a ride at Disney :lol:

Yup. Fight scenes were pitiful as were the little fireball -puff -of- smoke-missile explosions (like 80's telly)..:lol:

Dark Knight Rises.....totally disappointed, not nearly enough cool stuff for a super hero movie, editing was shit, could've been trimmed down to just over 2 hours.

Liked the first Nolan film, second one was good because of Ledgers Joker but still not as good as the first, this one came off as directorialy self indulgent .

Drive

Aesthetics were good, soundtrack was fantastic. Also some great running motifs that fitted together nicely (e.g. rooms, staring etc) Thought the characters lacked depth and the attempt to Ryan Gosling into this charismatic 'speak when you're spoken to' silent guy failed. Came across instead as basically a wierd hipster. Didnt care about the characters because of the lack of dialogue. I get what the director was trying to achieve, and i think that some scenes would have worked superbly if there were previous scenes that had a bit of character depth. Was left a little disappointed after all of the hype. That said, it had its moments, and I liked some of the homage stuff to Taxi Driver etc.

7/10.

The Lorax :D

Took the kids to the pics. It's more a kids film than one for both like Up or Megamind. Kids liked it though and i took them as its one of the books I read them.