Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Ice age uber alles cat!

I've been trying to get him to watch it but at the minute the sabre tooth tiger scares him :lol:

Tell a lie about Pixar, we don't watch Nemo much cos the shark freaks him out as well.

:D:lol:

How about Up? Isn't that a bit much for his age? Or is it a useful way of explaining bereavement?

He's too little for profound messages but likes the fact that balloons lift up a house :lol: Saying that, he recognises emotions and knows when 'the man is sad'

Up is brilliant, but Disney didn't half try and put the whole bambis mum dying in it's shadow,

Shy lad meets girl, grow up get married super happy picnics and making balloons etc, then girl miscarries and later on dies.

Sounds like you're being more cynical than you allege Disney* to be tbh Ant, I thought that whole sequence was perfectly done, I didn't feel it was contrived.

*it will be Pixar or a group of scriptwriters or indeed maybe one person who conceived that idea instead of a homogenous corporation, of course. I used 'Disney' too before I put this edit in so it's easily done!

Edited by luckyluke

Prime reason for me going was that my girlfriend is ginger and a proud feminist so she lapped up the central female heroine and her flame coloured hair!

Is she a good feminist (alright lass just believes in gender equality which is obviously good) or one of those that won't shut the fuck up about it and believes any film that doesn't have a heroine or a woman protagonist is just shite that the 'patriarchy use to keep us down', I'm still haunted by discussing films with my a level English literature class and the latter is a genuine representation.

MF, Annie will probably love it but it might be a bit much for the little'un.

Joseph spent most of it on the floor peering in between the chairs with his hands over his ears. It would appear he's not a great fan of bears :lol:

Although now that we're home he's decided he liked it. I think Madagascar 3 will be a safer bet when it comes out....

Is she a good feminist (alright lass just believes in gender equality which is obviously good) or one of those that won't shut the fuck up about it and believes any film that doesn't have a heroine or a woman protagonist is just shite that the 'patriarchy use to keep us down', I'm still haunted by discussing films with my a level English literature class and the latter is a genuine representation.

She got a bit militant at the absence of women from the pundits box during the Euros (Gabby Logan did nothing to placate her -'tokenism!') but otherwise she's fine.

She got a bit militant at the absence of women from the pundits box during the Euros (Gabby Logan did nothing to placate her -'tokenism!') but otherwise she's fine.

But women are shit pundits. Fact.

MF, Annie will probably love it but it might be a bit much for the little'un.

Joseph spent most of it on the floor peering in between the chairs with his hands over his ears. It would appear he's not a great fan of bears :lol:

Although now that we're home he's decided he liked it. I think Madagascar 3 will be a safer bet when it comes out....

Cheers Mistress Boob.

Was in two minds about taking Destructo Boy anyway, he'd cause more carnage than the Aurora shootings.

But women are shit pundits. Fact.

I've come round to Amy Lawrence in the Guardian podcasts tbh, said some very insightful and positive stuff about us last season.

Not really a fan of the bimbos on SSN, if I want to look at fit women then I've got the Internet! Mind you, I suppose they can read an autocue at least.

I've stopped going to any Brad Pitt movies as I get mobbed by people mistaking me for him.

Too

Much

Hassle

Same reason I have to go to midnight screenings of Batman movies :face_batman:

Citizen Kane

citizenkane4.jpg

Shamefully this was the first time I've seen it, and for somebody like myself that is a self-professed film geek that's quite shocking really.

Of course I'm not going to rate it as highly as it is perceived on some of the lists from the critics, as that's where the power of the film lies to this day, the impact it had at the time due to its fresh take on cinematography, the special effects, the score etc.

Still think the film passes the test of time, although I'm not going to rank it amongst my own personal favourites but I can certainly see how it received such praise at the time.

Also I think the whole premise of the film shows that despite all of the materialistic things 'Charlie' had acquired in his life all he still longed for that love that he felt he lost when his mother signed over those forms.