Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The new Sin City.

Not going to win any awards but an enjoyable watch. Visually as stunning as ever, especially in HD.

Agreed. It wouldn't have been my pick but I was entertained enough. I don't think we really needed to see it in 3D but it certainly was visually incredible.

Before I Go To Sleep

For the first hour I enjoyed the psychological thriller/whodunnit. Could have even called it Hitcockian if it wasn't almost entirely one exposition scene after another. Hithcock showed you everything with his camera, the characters explained very little. I think every scene in this is either a conversation in which someone reveals more details to Kidman, or in which she talks directly into camera explaining her feelings to the audience. Despite that, it notched things up slowly but surely so you weren't sure who could be trusted. In retrospect a lot of the uncertainty is down to complete disbelief that the bad guy would

go to so much hard work for so little reward. Still not sure what he got out of it. A crime of altruism?!

Anyway, there's a point an hour in where they flip from the very quiet measured approach which had been somewhat effective, to a psychotic action movie. It lost me from then on.

Before I Go To Sleep

For the first hour I enjoyed the psychological thriller/whodunnit. Could have even called it Hitcockian if it wasn't almost entirely one exposition scene after another. Hithcock showed you everything with his camera, the characters explained very little. I think every scene in this is either a conversation in which someone reveals more details to Kidman, or in which she talks directly into camera explaining her feelings to the audience. Despite that, it notched things up slowly but surely so you weren't sure who could be trusted. In retrospect a lot of the uncertainty is down to complete disbelief that the bad guy would

go to so much hard work for so little reward. Still not sure what he got out of it. A crime of altruism?!

Anyway, there's a point an hour in where they flip from the very quiet measured approach which had been somewhat effective, to a psychotic action movie. It lost me from then on.

Took a battering in some reviews, Nicole Kidman is an average actress. For those two reasons I'll give it a swerve.

Toy fucking Story.

Again.

Kids, man.

Have all four (5 if you count the musical version on YouTube) playing morning to night. Has all the Toys as well that have to accompany us everywhere.

Also Madagascar trio every other day. Getting a TV for his bedroom is a must!!!!