Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched the new Jack Reacher. I'll not even go into the whole Tom Cruise debacle but aside from that the films was still shit. The last hour is pretty much one long chase sequence

Ronin standard chase sequence or Grease 2 chase sequence?

Live By Night. Easy watching but comfortably Afflecks worst directorial effort. Although he does spend a lot of time on shots of Zoe Saldana's arse which is nice.

Thought he'd directed Gigli for a minute and thought you'd truly lost your shit.

Slightly off topic i know but the I Daniel Blake film has retriggered my memory to 12 years ago i'd just come home after 5 weeks in hospital 3 of them in a coma due to having a stroke. Inbetween Mrs T making daily trips to see me she'd had to ring the DWP to explain the situation we were getting JSA at the time. I'd been home about 3 days when a brown envelope dropped through the letterbox they wanted me at the jobcentre the following week. Bear in mind Im paralysed down my left side, lying in bed downstairs doped up on painkillers antidepressants & whatever else I've been given trying to come to terms with what's happened to me. Mrs T rings them up explains the situation that's no good they need to speak to me. I spoke to the woman explaining everything again, she might as well have said I was lying. I was getting myself upset Mrs T took the phone told them I wouldn't be attending & just to send somebody out. About a week later as the physio's were there the doorbell rang Mrs T answered the door a guy from DWP was here my wife brought him into our makeshift bedroom/sitting room as the 2 physios either side were trying to hold me up. He looked shocked when he saw me he asked if he could go in the hallway to make a quick call he came back in the room apologised asked if I was able to give him my signature then he was away. One of the physios got a phone number & a few weeks later a guy came out to make sure we were getting everything we were entitled to. It left a very bitter taste in my mouth as I'd been paying my contributions since I started work at 16. Two years earlier I'd been made redundant from a job I'd had for 15 years. I'd joined the job club wrote 100s of letters & had a handful of replies. I had to go in the classroom with that CV guy like in the film. It's soul destroying I was in a classroom with people that had degrees, people who been sent for interviews to be told "you're more qualified than me no thanks" sorry for going off topic but I felt I had to write this mods feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place cheers Trooper

It's noticeable how differently the DWP treat the self employed (self assessment, we trust you to be honest, one in a thousand chased) to the unemployed (get your arse in every week, jump through hoops, even your doctors can't be trusted).

Vile really. You'd think they'd only be onto the permanently out of work like that, it seems to be the same whether you have a proud work history with plenty of contributions behind you or not.

Thanks for sharing that Trooper. Hope you're doing well now.

Cheers mate I'm ok, I'm one of the lucky ones I survived i'm still paralysed down the left side the only thing that came back was my speech. God bless any poor bugger having to go through what Daniel did in the film as I said the film deserves all the awards & accolades it gets. It's funny how nobody from the DWP has said it isn't a fair representation of how things work.

Cheers mate I'm ok, I'm one of the lucky ones I survived i'm still paralysed down the left side the only thing that came back was my speech. God bless any poor bugger having to go through what Daniel did in the film as I said the film deserves all the awards & accolades it gets. It's funny how nobody from the DWP has said it isn't a fair representation of how things work.

By a coincidence I watched it last night. No shock tbh. It's been heading that way for years. No surprise hearing your tale either. The missus had a pip assessment a couple of weeks ago and we're fearing the worst despite her DLA being a permanent award due to her deteriorating condition. Tories, eh? Aren't they lush?