Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Went to the cinema for first time in donkeys last night.

Saw Le Mans 66, decent.

Would’ve been better if some FAT FUCKING BIIIIITCH near me hadn’t been trying to asphyxiate herself with fucking popcorn for the entirety of it!  

Wykiki’d YP 

• Haha 3

There was actually an incident.

Kid who was sat behind me about 10mins in went out (i assume for a piss) came back in running and sat down.  No drama's.  Then a bloke from the cinema came in and asked to see his ticket.  All I can think is he must have run so he didnt miss the film and they thought he was trying it on or summit.  But the bloke from the cinema wasn't discrete at all.  He was speaking at the top of his voice.  I was about to gan radge but a bloke near us did it for me :lol:

• Haha 2

As usual am bang up to date with all the latest shenanigans so have just watched Rocketman...a bit torn, half of me thinks it was a well put together confessional with some killer tunes and an array of great performances from the cast, and half of me thinks it’s a hugely self indulgent attempt to burnish the reputation of one of the late 20th century’s biggest wankers who’s history is a whole lot darker than this glossed over excercise in half truths, finger pointing and the basic rewriting of history. 

On 22/12/2019 at 17:43, Dr Gloom said:

The new Star Wars film is another nostalgia treat from JJ Abrams. Ignore the reviews. I was welling up throughout - brilliant

It was an absolute Easter Egg fest, great fun to tick them off as it went on. 
The only bit that got me dusty was when…

Spoiler

Chewie fell to his knees on hearing of Leia’s death.  

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

As usual am bang up to date with all the latest shenanigans so have just watched Rocketman...a bit torn, half of me thinks it was a well put together confessional with some killer tunes and an array of great performances from the cast, and half of me thinks it’s a hugely self indulgent attempt to burnish the reputation of one of the late 20th century’s biggest wankers who’s history is a whole lot darker than this glossed over excercise in half truths, finger pointing and the basic rewriting of history. 

Having not seen a moment of it I agree with you completely.

Star Wars with the bairn. Wasn't shit but how long can they flog it to death for? :lol: 

Also 'Mary Poppins returns' with the Wife getting her way. Would've been a decent film for this type of thing but the songs in it were fucking dire, not one even remotely catchy tune which was hard lines on Emily Blunt who didn't look out of place at all and did the role justice. Honestly, how they thought they'd get away with the music being shit in a musical is beyond me? 

All in the space of two days, two films I didn't particularly want to watch. I'm too kind to them.

I'm putting my feet up tomorrow and watching Ben Hur, Spartacus or something like that tomorrow. That'll teach them. ;)

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Er yeah she is. I think you might need to watch it again. 

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20181221/282634623724854

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/entertainment/movies/mary-poppins-returns-review-1.24534306

So I’m not the only one to think she was too posh

Just watched that marriage thing on Netflix with Scarlett Johansson and Kylo Ren. Very good portrait of a collapsed marriage with good cameos from ray liotta and Laura dern as the blood-sucking divorce lawyers.

question is, can I be arsed with 3.5 hours of the Irishman next. Might take the lad out later to see the latest jumanji. Last one was good fun 

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just watched that marriage thing on Netflix with Scarlett Johansson and Kylo Ren. Very good portrait of a collapsed marriage with good cameos from ray liotta and Laura dern as the blood-sucking divorce lawyers.

question is, can I be arsed with 3.5 hours of the Irishman next. Might take the lad out later to see the latest jumanji. Last one was good fun 

I watched the Irishman with a bit of reluctance with seeing and hearing some reviews about it being slow etc. I thought it was a decent film tbh and never really noticed the time. It was standard 50s/60s mafia but when Scorsese directs it and the actors they had are appearing in it, it's hardly going to be shit. The only thing you've got to overlook is the age of them when they're meant to be younger. Anyway, I enjoyed it. :good:

• Like 1