Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

On 24/12/2023 at 07:16, Gemmill said:

I just watched Quiz Lady and enjoyed it.

Sandra Oh, Awkwafina, Will Ferrell.

A good bit of amusing fluff. Worth it for the drug scene alone.

Yeah I saw most of this. Good summary.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

@Howmanheyman The Dirty Dozen’s just started on Channel Five 

:lol:

Was never a fan. Going to have to be a very quick three S's, just made a full English then out on a Leo Sayer. Unfortunately it's going to be in Wallsend for reasons unfathomable to me but it gets me out. Let me know how Lee Marvin and co get on? :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Was never a fan. Going to have to be a very quick three S's, just made a full English then out on a Leo Sayer. Unfortunately it's going to be in Wallsend for reasons unfathomable to me but it gets me out. Let me know how Lee Marvin and co get on? :good:

A film depicting the Wild West would be more appropriate by the sounds of it ;) 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2023 at 11:11, Alex said:

A film depicting the Wild West would be more appropriate by the sounds of it ;) 

Or.....

preview.jpg

"Wallsend high street? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

• Haha 4

On 22/12/2023 at 22:12, Christmas Tree said:

Well my minds just been blown. I never realised The American President was the inspiration for The West Wing. :lol: 

How do you mean? 

It's written by the same bloke, and he turned it into a series.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How do you mean? 

It's written by the same bloke, and he turned it into a series.

That there was any linkage at all. Watched the film 25 odd years ago (until last week) and just didn’t know of the connection.

It was really the music in the first 5 mins that I thought, “well this is a west wing rip off” and then realised it was before West Wing etc.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

That there was any linkage at all. Watched the film 25 odd years ago (until last week) and just didn’t know of the connection.

It was really the music in the first 5 mins that I thought, “well this is a west wing rip off” and then realised it was before West Wing etc.

It'll really bake your noodle to find out that he wrote A Few Good Men too.

• Haha 2

Saltburn on Amazon. Thoroughly enjoyable debauched black comedy about the British class system. A little disjointed and clunky at times but beautiful cinematography and some fine turns from Barry Keoghan and Rosamund Pike ensure it holds your attention right through to the twisted final act.

7.5/10

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Saltburn on Amazon. Thoroughly enjoyable debauched black comedy about the British class system. A little disjointed and clunky at times but beautiful cinematography and some fine turns from Barry Keoghan and Rosamund Pike ensure it holds your attention right through to the twisted final act.

7.5/10

I nearly watched that last night. Not sure the Mrs gets black comedies though so we watched Vanilla Sky instead - which was surprisingly decent.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I nearly watched that last night. Not sure the Mrs gets black comedies though so we watched Vanilla Sky instead - which was surprisingly decent.

Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz were outstanding in that film. 

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The Spanish language original ‘Open Your Eyes’ (with Penelope Cruz in the same role) is good too 

• Like 2