Tonights excuse...

sweetleftpeg

Will we get a brand spanking new excuse or an old gem?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I think we'll be fed a relatively new one when someone inevitably points out to him that with the exception of Owen and Dyer (and maybe Taylor), his squad is back to full strength - "my players need a proper run of games together before you can judge me".

Alternatively, he will blame his neighbour's cat for keeping him awake all night, with the ensuing sleep deficit preventing him from making a proper motivational speech to his players.

"Look, we had a lot of distraction today. Lady Luck's dog jumped on the team bus and ate my tactic sheet - though I don't believe in tactics - and then crossed the street. My daughter who was driving by got scarred and crashed her car into a wall. Poor Kieron Dyer who was standing at the wall receiving threating textmessages from the little Welsh bastard and this obnoxious journalist who writtes totally nonsense. He could only just jump out of the way but tore his hamstring while doing so. We are a wee bit jinxed but have to stick together, I tell you that. I will soldier on. I rest my case. "

Edited by Isegrim

'We can announce what's been wrong with Kieron, he was shot 9 times, you know..yet he still wanted to play..proper player. I hit Laurent Robert with an air rifle and he refused to play etc...'

Edited by sweetleftpeg

We were blatantly missing Amdy Faye today. It's not right than we should be without one of our key players because of his national team. No team in the league would play good football if they were missing 46 first-team players. Emre and Parker were still injured but I forced them into starting the game anyway - Lady Luck had other ideas and we had to take them off again before half-time. Fortunately young Kieron will be be back soon, he is still unable to walk without crutches at the moment let alone sprint, but he has a 50-50 chance of playing at the weekend, proper player. I think I'm getting the maximum out of the players I currently have, unfortunately that doesn't include stringing two passes together.

I think we'll win, totally vindicating my undying support for this great man.

87024[/snapback]

"I couldn't concentrate on the pre-match perparation. There was this fat, ginger nutter who is stalking me and trying to be supportive."

Let's hope Alan Green isn't doing the interview.

'Well Graeme, old pal old mucker, I thought the 6-0 scoreline flattered them. That throw in you didn't get after 30 seconds probably affected the entire result. I thought you were unlucky, would you agree? Oh, by the way, the wife says do you like Squid? She's trying something different Saturday night...'

Car drove past the training ground and spooked the players tbstbs.

87018[/snapback]

:naughty::unsure::unsure:

87094[/snapback]

To be sure, to be sure :unsure: I just got that.