Tonights excuse...

sweetleftpeg

Will we get a brand spanking new excuse or an old gem?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, I'd like to see one of you sassenacks do better!

87638[/snapback]

Pay me his wage and I'd have a go and I fuck bet that very same wage I'd get better results.

Football isn't rocket science but it helps if you have a brain and the ability to learn from mistakes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whingeing about injuries now on MOTD.

87628[/snapback]

And basically no comment from his mates Lawrenson and Hansen, what a surprise. ;)

Where's that humble pie now Hansen? Twats.

87631[/snapback]

Aye how fucking blatant was that? Lineker sort of sheepishly sneaks in "Well.....we all know he's under pressure" which got slight murmurs of let's-not-talk-about-that-Gary agreement from Hansen and Lawrenson aaaaaaaaand swiftly moving on. It was shocking.

87628[/snapback]

And basically no comment from his mates Lawrenson and Hansen, what a surprise. :blink:

87631[/snapback]

Aye how fucking blatant was that? Lineker sort of sheepishly sneaks in "Well.....we all know he's under pressure" which got slight murmurs of let's-not-talk-about-that-Gary agreement from Hansen and Lawrenson aaaaaaaaand swiftly moving on. It was shocking.

87679[/snapback]

Jesus, that's embarrassing! Gutted I missed it. Stick your humble pie where the sun doesn't shine, Hansen. ;)

87628[/snapback]

And basically no comment from his mates Lawrenson and Hansen, what a surprise. ;)

87631[/snapback]

87679[/snapback]

Aye, and people said me and Renton were being paranoid! It's getting beyond a joke now and when he does get sacked I expect both Hansen and Lawrenson to give a big lecture where they exonerate Souness from any blame and start pointing fingers at the fans, Chairman, and the fact we couldn't defend as well as Manure under Keegan ffs.

87628[/snapback]

87631[/snapback]

Aye. They know damned well he's shite, but won't say so cos he's their mate.

From today's Journal:

"I can't defend it [the recent record], it's not good enough," said Souness, who pinned the blame squarely on his side's defensive deficiencies.

"Defensively we have let ourselves down again. We have not been very good defensively all season. We have leaked goals that have not been great. We work on it, we talk about it.

"Ultimately, it comes down to the players. They know what they are doing wrong. You have to have a sixth sense and be able to smell danger. We are not doing that."

No, it doesn't. Ultimately, it comes down to you and your total lack of organisation, tactics and motivational skills.

It's nice and easy to blame the defence, but we're not scoring goals, and we're only missing Owen and Dyer now from the front two lines. I had the game on the radio and as soon as the first goal went in I knew it as game over. As soon as we go behind now, especially away from home, you just can't see us getting back in it. The problem is, I think the players believe this now as well. Mick Martin said the body language after Cole's goal went in spoke volumes, like they were totally defeated.

Our negative approach to away games, this alleged tactic of battling and containg (basically playing for the 0-0 even though Souness would probably deny this) doesn't work because we haven't got a good enough/well organised enough back four to cope with the constant pressure we put ourselves under. Given is saving us from some right drubbings.