Freddy's Folly

Craig

As alex points out, the club is run badly from a long term objective imo. It's all about an ego trip and the dividends for Shepherd and Hall. We've shown little to no ambition since Sir John Hall left imo. I truly believe there is no long term plan, and the obsession with winning a trophy asap isn't helping.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Regarding what Leazes said about Shepherd doing his job "If he appoints who fans are happy with"  He's more arsed about his short-term popularity with the fans than he is with putting into place any sort of long-term plan for the good of the football club. A good example is the timing of the dismissal of Robson. I see this as a definite weakness rather than a strength.

87002[/snapback]

Agreed, but I wish he'd do the popular thing right now!

87006[/snapback]

I would imagine he would if the money was available, there was someone suitable to take over, etc.

As alex points out, the club is run badly from a long term objective imo. It's all about an ego trip and the dividends for Shepherd and Hall. We've shown little to no ambition since Sir John Hall left imo. I truly believe there is no long term plan, and the obsession with winning a trophy asap isn't helping.

87007[/snapback]

Nail.

Head.

Regarding what Leazes said about Shepherd doing his job "If he appoints who fans are happy with"  He's more arsed about his short-term popularity with the fans than he is with putting into place any sort of long-term plan for the good of the football club. A good example is the timing of the dismissal of Robson. I see this as a definite weakness rather than a strength.

87002[/snapback]

Agreed, but I wish he'd do the popular thing right now!

87006[/snapback]

I would imagine he would if the money was available, there was someone suitable to take over, etc.

87009[/snapback]

What's that got to do with anything? :naughty:

Meanwhile....somewhere in a small Lancashire mill-town....

....the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity. :naughty:

....the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity.  :naughty:

87015[/snapback]

Can I mention McKeag and Lord Westwood at this point?

....the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity.  :naughty:

87015[/snapback]

Can I mention McKeag and Lord Westwood at this point?

87016[/snapback]

I believe that is the accepted hierarchy of LM mentions, yes.

Nicky Butt is a prime example - people were chuffed to bits when we signed him! :unsure:

86993[/snapback]

Apart from me. Having said that, I was happy with Faye.

50% aint that bad I suppose.

87151[/snapback]

No, you were probably 100% right about Butt, but 200% wrong about Faye, so mathematically you should never comment about a player's ability again (and I didn't even include Luque). :naughty:

Nicky Butt is a prime example - people were chuffed to bits when we signed him! :unsure:

86993[/snapback]

87151[/snapback]

No, you were probably 100% right about Butt, but 200% wrong about Faye, so mathematically you should never comment about a player's ability again (and I didn't even include Luque). :naughty:

87186[/snapback]

How about Baros and Koller? :unsure:

Nicky Butt is a prime example - people were chuffed to bits when we signed him! :huh:

86993[/snapback]

87151[/snapback]

87186[/snapback]

87252[/snapback]

:unsure:

Though, I still think that I am basically right about Baros scoring ability.

I wonder if O-Nut wants my opinion regarding who is going to win the golden boot at this year's World Cup... :unsure:

Nicky Butt is a prime example - people were chuffed to bits when we signed him! ;)

86993[/snapback]

87151[/snapback]

87186[/snapback]

87252[/snapback]

I wonder if O-Nut wants my opinion regarding who is going to win the golden boot at this year's World Cup... :unsure:

87271[/snapback]

It won't be a German player, that's for sure! :huh:

Nicky Butt is a prime example - people were chuffed to bits when we signed him! ;)

86993[/snapback]

87151[/snapback]

87186[/snapback]

87252[/snapback]

87271[/snapback]

It won't be a German player, that's for sure! :huh:

87279[/snapback]

Just because penalty shoot-outs don't count...

Regarding what Leazes said about Shepherd doing his job "If he appoints who fans are happy with"  He's more arsed about his short-term popularity with the fans than he is with putting into place any sort of long-term plan for the good of the football club. A good example is the timing of the dismissal of Robson.

I see this as a definite weakness rather than a strength.

87002[/snapback]

So you weren't happy when Robson replaced Gullit ?

87015[/snapback]

slagged off by you !

One day you'll get something right Gem .......

87015[/snapback]

slagged off by you !

87291[/snapback]

It was a direct quote of you, numbnuts. :unsure: I was taking the watta. :unsure:

87015[/snapback]

slagged off by you !

87291[/snapback]

It was a direct quote of you, numbnuts. :unsure: I was taking the watta. :unsure:

87305[/snapback]

I know !

Regarding what Leazes said about Shepherd doing his job "If he appoints who fans are happy with"  He's more arsed about his short-term popularity with the fans than he is with putting into place any sort of long-term plan for the good of the football club. A good example is the timing of the dismissal of Robson.

87002[/snapback]

87289[/snapback]

Different transfer ruling back then though (as we've all said many times!) :naughty:

87002[/snapback]

87289[/snapback]

Different transfer ruling back then though (as we've all said many times!) :naughty:

87611[/snapback]

yes but he was hoping we would have a good start and give the club more stability [which the fans keep saying..., and you have done ie give Souness time]

Me? i'd have replaced him the previous summer