A Public Apology

Pilchard Chops

It wasn't time for him to go. The time for him to go was at the end of the previous season which would have given us TIME to find a proper, well-thought out replacement.

It wasn't time for him to go.  The time for him to go was at the end of the previous season which would have given us TIME to find a proper, well-thought out replacement.

87649[/snapback]

Still dont think we would be in this mess if Robby Bobson was in charge though....

It wasn't time for him to go.  The time for him to go was at the end of the previous season which would have given us TIME to find a proper, well-thought out replacement.

87649[/snapback]

Still dont think we would be in this mess if Robby Bobson was in charge though....

87650[/snapback]

Maybe not, but dare I suggest that if Robson was still in charge and we were anywhere in the league other than top 2 then he'd still be being criticised and people would be calling for his demise. Hindsight IS a wonderful thing.

87649[/snapback]

Like Chelsea or Liverpool you mean? Now why couldn't Shepherd think of that.....

I was at Bobby's last match (soopafan etc) and I regret that I wanted the old man sacked, as I suspect 95% of the fans at Villa did. But a wise man once said be careful what you wish for, and so it has turned out to be. Two weeks later, I was shocked and horrified by the appointment of Souness, and since then all my worst fears have been realised, with possibly worse to come.

I am typing this as the tosser is talking bullshit again on SSN, trying to keep calm. So yes, I am sorry Bobby, sometimes you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. Forgive us. :naughty:

87649[/snapback]

87650[/snapback]

Maybe not, but dare I suggest that if Robson was still in charge and we were anywhere in the league other than top 2 then he'd still be being criticised and people would be calling for his demise. Hindsight IS a wonderful thing.

87651[/snapback]

Quoted for trutth. Aint the modern day football fan great?

87649[/snapback]

87650[/snapback]

87651[/snapback]

Quoted for trutth. Aint the modern day football fan great?

87655[/snapback]

As opposed to the old time fans like Chops you mean?

Edited by Renton

I thought the time for Robson to go was either the end of the 2003/04 season OR the end of the 2005/04 season.

I was pleased at the time, despite disagreeing with the way and the timing in which he went.

The problem wasn't so much SBR going, but Souness coming.

Having said that, if we'd left SBR in charge until the end of that season, we'd have been OK.

When Souness goes, I will be delighted, but I will also be wary about who comes in.

Hitzfeld, Irureta, Le Guen, Deschamps, Ranieri.

There's five who would be an instant improvement and are available now, 3 of them who could really take us on to the next level.

87657[/snapback]

Bruce, McCarthy, Brian Robson, Bob The Builder, Postman Pat and My Gran.

There's another five for you who would do better than the clown that's currently in charge and take us on to a level above what we're currently at (i.e. the worst organised team in the league).

If Robson was still here we would still have problems and he would still need replacing. It's just that those problems would be a lot smaller than they are now!

Of course, the next level for us now is maybe as a mid table team. So getting someone to do that wouldnt be too tough. I'd have the sinking feeling that he may get rid soon if things dont change and have a temp solution for the rest of the season. Shearer as p/m or something which I dont think would be a great idea.

Hitzfeld, Irureta, Le Guen, Deschamps, Ranieri.

There's five who would be an instant improvement and are available now, 3 of them who could really take us on to the next level.

87657[/snapback]

Bruce, McCarthy, Brian Robson, Bob The Builder, Postman Pat and My Gran.

There's another five for you who would do better than the clown that's currently in charge and take us on to a level above what we're currently at (i.e. the worst organised team in the league).

If Robson was still here we would still have problems and he would still need replacing. It's just that those problems would be a lot smaller than they are now!

87710[/snapback]

I agree that we should have been looking to replace Robson a year before he went, however it is difficult to do this when you think you are doing well, and think you have improved your squad of players and will go further. This is a fact, the same as those who peddle the Souness inspired myth that he took over an ailing side and a bad dressing room. He didn't.

Be careful what you wish for. Indeed. I know that some are not going to agree here, but the same applies to Shepherd. I've been saying it often enough, look around at other clubs and the type of chairman they, who apply tight finance on their managers, consider the ones we have had ourselves. To insinuate that we cannot be successful with Shepherd simply isn't true, it has just been said Bobby Robson did alright.

This is not the time for Newcastle fans to desert the club, I've seen this club relegated twice and on the other 2 occasions we were run like the mackems and people associated us with relegation, however I do think getting rid of Souness will help us to stay up and be better in the long run while getting rid of Shepherd will not. Yes he is to blame for not sacking Souness, but he isn't the major shareholder and you have to presume that he wants to but can't.

This match on Saturday is a big big game, we must win. It's a 6 pointer, but more than that it will fuel the belief that we can get out of trouble whereas if we lose it could have the opposite effect.

if robson was still in charge i'm sure we'd still be challenging for a top 4 spot. be careful for what you wish for indeed.

if souness takes us down it'll be the most monumental fuckup in the history of football and shepherd must take the blame.

if robson was still in charge i'm sure we'd still be challenging for a top 4 spot. be careful for what you wish for indeed.

if souness takes us down it'll be the most monumental fuckup in the history of football and shepherd must take the blame.

87777[/snapback]

A possibility, but by no means a certainty. It was time for Robson to go, should have gone earlier, probably over a year earlier.

Souness was a monumental cock-up, that does not mean Robson should have stayed. He's a better option than Souness, so is O'Leary, so is Spongebob. Personally, I think Robson was taking us back to mid-table.

87777[/snapback]

but how many people told him to give Souness time .... he was doing what they wanted, those who backed him to back Souness simply can't criticise him now

Did he fuck up when he shelled out 26m quid on 2 players a lot of people said would get us into europe .... :-(

87777[/snapback]

but how many people told him to give Souness time .... he was doing what they wanted, those who backed him to back Souness simply can't criticise him now

Did he fuck up when he shelled out 26m quid on 2 players a lot of people said would get us into europe .... :-(

87800[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain FS wasn't listening to people on this board though. I'm pretty certain it was his own decision.

87777[/snapback]

A possibility, but by no means a certainty. It was time for Robson to go, should have gone earlier, probably over a year earlier.

Souness was a monumental cock-up, that does not mean Robson should have stayed. He's a better option than Souness, so is O'Leary, so is Spongebob. Personally, I think Robson was taking us back to mid-table.

87787[/snapback]

I agree, be careful what you wish for ........

87777[/snapback]

87800[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain FS wasn't listening to people on this board though. I'm pretty certain it was his own decision.

87802[/snapback]

Fans as a whole, and it was a pretty accurate reflection of all the message boards...my point is that if you backed Shepherd to back Souness and buy those players to be successful you can't criticise him if it goes tits up

Only those who told him NOT to back Souness can do that

87802[/snapback]

HTT tbh.

87777[/snapback]

87800[/snapback]

87802[/snapback]

Fans as a whole, and it was a pretty accurate reflection of all the message boards...my point is that if you backed Shepherd to back Souness and buy those players to be successful you can't criticise him if it goes tits up

87807[/snapback]

Yet you still don't?

87777[/snapback]

87800[/snapback]

87802[/snapback]

87807[/snapback]

Your earlier post (be careful what you wish for by wanting the removal of FS) was poignant. I honestly believe the above is nonsense though. FS won't in anyway be influenced by internet message boards. For all the anti Souness feeling are 50,00 geordies screaming Souness out?

When i was at Fulham a section started shouting Souness out at half time, they were threatened with their lives by a very large group of older fans (between 35-55 yrs old i reckon) who said being anti Souness was being anti Newcastle. None of the silent masses disagreed with them. If you wonder why i didn't chant anti Souness the honest answer is because i was scared. I'm black and a Londoner, not a couple of plus points for the travelling Toon Army to start with, and have nothing but a couple of teenagers as 'back up.'