A Public Apology

Pilchard Chops

if robson was still in charge i'm sure we'd still be challenging for a top 4 spot. be careful for what you wish for indeed.

if souness takes us down it'll be the most monumental fuckup in the history of football and shepherd must take the blame.

87777[/snapback]

but how many people told him to give Souness time .... he was doing what they wanted, those who backed him to back Souness simply can't criticise him now

Did he fuck up when he shelled out 26m quid on 2 players a lot of people said would get us into europe .... :-(

87800[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain FS wasn't listening to people on this board though. I'm pretty certain it was his own decision.

87802[/snapback]

Fans as a whole, and it was a pretty accurate reflection of all the message boards...my point is that if you backed Shepherd to back Souness and buy those players to be successful you can't criticise him if it goes tits up

Only those who told him NOT to back Souness can do that

87807[/snapback]

Your earlier post (be careful what you wish for by wanting the removal of FS) was poignant. I honestly believe the above is nonsense though. FS won't in anyway be influenced by internet message boards. For all the anti Souness feeling are 50,00 geordies screaming Souness out?

When i was at Fulham a section started shouting Souness out at half time, they were threatened with their lives by a very large group of older fans (between 35-55 yrs old i reckon) who said being anti Souness was being anti Newcastle. None of the silent masses disagreed with them. If you wonder why i didn't chant anti Souness the honest answer is because i was scared. I'm black and a Londoner, not a couple of plus points for the travelling Toon Army to start with, and have nothing but a couple of teenagers as 'back up.'

87877[/snapback]

Fair point, but I only mean that people who scream for Fred to back Souness, go the whole hog and buy players they want for big fees, can't complain later at the chairman if it goes wrong, nor complain if the club has no money left when their initial opinion was to spend what they had - or think the club has a bottomless pit of money

if robson was still in charge i'm sure we'd still be challenging for a top 4 spot. be careful for what you wish for indeed.

if souness takes us down it'll be the most monumental fuckup in the history of football and shepherd must take the blame.

87777[/snapback]

but how many people told him to give Souness time .... he was doing what they wanted, those who backed him to back Souness simply can't criticise him now

Did he fuck up when he shelled out 26m quid on 2 players a lot of people said would get us into europe .... :-(

87800[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain FS wasn't listening to people on this board though. I'm pretty certain it was his own decision.

87802[/snapback]

Fans as a whole, and it was a pretty accurate reflection of all the message boards...my point is that if you backed Shepherd to back Souness and buy those players to be successful you can't criticise him if it goes tits up

87807[/snapback]

Your earlier post (be careful what you wish for by wanting the removal of FS) was poignant. I honestly believe the above is nonsense though. FS won't in anyway be influenced by internet message boards. For all the anti Souness feeling are 50,00 geordies screaming Souness out?

When i was at Fulham a section started shouting Souness out at half time, they were threatened with their lives by a very large group of older fans (between 35-55 yrs old i reckon) who said being anti Souness was being anti Newcastle. None of the silent masses disagreed with them. If you wonder why i didn't chant anti Souness the honest answer is because i was scared. I'm black and a Londoner, not a couple of plus points for the travelling Toon Army to start with, and have nothing but a couple of teenagers as 'back up.'

87877[/snapback]

Fair point, but I only mean that people who scream for Fred to back Souness, go the whole hog and buy players they want for big fees, can't complain later at the chairman if it goes wrong, nor complain if the club has no money left when their initial opinion was to spend what they had - or think the club has a bottomless pit of money

88114[/snapback]

I agree. Anyway i've got what i wanted, you've got what you've wanted now let's see if NUFC can appoint someone who can take into a state of over-achieving, it would make a nice change ;)

87777[/snapback]

87800[/snapback]

87802[/snapback]

87807[/snapback]

87877[/snapback]

88114[/snapback]

I agree. Anyway i've got what i wanted, you've got what you've wanted now let's see if NUFC can appoint someone who can take into a state of over-achieving, it would make a nice change ;)

88119[/snapback]

yes, I've been waiting for this day for ages, all of a sudden the enthusiasm I have always had for the club is back. We have a tough time ahead though unless we can get a couple of quick wins to take the pressure off a bit

87777[/snapback]

A possibility, but by no means a certainty. It was time for Robson to go, should have gone earlier, probably over a year earlier.

Souness was a monumental cock-up, that does not mean Robson should have stayed. He's a better option than Souness, so is O'Leary, so is Spongebob. Personally, I think Robson was taking us back to mid-table.

87787[/snapback]

No need for that pal, Ive never been so insulted. Consider yourself on the list.

You better get used to looking over your shoulder.