Boumsong

Gemmill

He'll be one of the luckiest players in world football to be at the World Cup this summer on current form. Do you think he's REALLY this bad, or would he be a decent player given some basic defensive coaching?

He's a French International dontcha know.. ;)

How many times do you hear that being tagged on alongside his name during commentary. And every single time I hear it, I think "How the fuck..."

He'll be one of the luckiest players in world football to be at the World Cup this summer on current form.  Do you think he's REALLY this bad, or would he be a decent player given some basic defensive coaching?

87699[/snapback]

it is quite amazing how consistently poor he has become over the last 2 months.

And every time I've seen him play in the French team he hasnt excelled either. He's living on past achievements, and a kick in the back side is on its way.

He's looked an absolute shambles in the games I've seen, but in a way I think he stands for all the other players who aren't doing well the moment. He hasn't always been this bad, so yes, I think he would improve given better coaching.

What I don't get is that last season, he at least showed he's got a lot of pace for a central defender, that seems to have gone as well.

He'll be one of the luckiest players in world football to be at the World Cup this summer on current form.  Do you think he's REALLY this bad, or would he be a decent player given some basic defensive coaching?

87699[/snapback]

it is quite amazing how consistently poor he has become over the last 2 months.

And every time I've seen him play in the French team he hasnt excelled either. He's living on past achievements, and a kick in the back side is on its way.

87701[/snapback]

Exactly. He just gets poorer every game. How he still does get selected for the French national team is beyond me.

I have now something to say that I deeply regret:

If Craig Moore is fit I would select him ahead of Boumsong on current form.

That's it, I am off to the next madhouse...

Edited by Isegrim

Boumsong and indeed the entire back four, couldn't get in a decent University side.

The lack of any kind of communication is astounding. Why is this not being addressed?

Are they struggling against pace in matches cos they aren't up against any in training perhaps?

Surely someone is telling them all to stop playing a ridiculously bad offside trap (as they are clearly incapable) and stand off your man.

You see a ball over the top, it's like Wait.... Wait..... Wait.... No Boumsong's set off.

I don't think he's bad, rather he isn't up to the physical challenge of the Premiership. As he's shown more than once, he's very capable of doing a good job against Henry. The problem is it's no good doing that if you're going to get bullied by the Geoff Horsfields and Shefki Kuqis of this world.

I don't think he's bad, rather he isn't up to the physical challenge of the Premiership. As he's shown more than once, he's very capable of doing a good job against Henry. The problem is it's no good doing that if you're going to get bullied by the Geoff Horsfields and Shefki Kuqis of this world.

87776[/snapback]

Agree. He's clearly not always as bad as his current level which to be fair is abysmal.

And its not hard to see that all of our defenders would be far better under good management, coaching and organisation. Teams like Wigan and last season Everton have at best average defenders but they are coached and organised to the highest degree to get the best out of them.

A top class coach could easilly get into the top 6 with our current selection of defenders, they aren't anywhere near as bad people think. But without organisation, without any confidence and communication they are all over the shop.