GO GO!!! GO GRAEME GO GO GO!!

Asprilla

take shepherd with you on your way out

87780[/snapback]

yes, but did you say this when we were in the Champions League ?

Shepherd out, Westwood/Murray/Ellis/Bates/Al-Fayed/kenwright/Brown/Ridsdale/Lowe/Mandrovic/Jordan/Hayward/Sugar/Gold/Hamman in

87780[/snapback]

Shepherd out, Westwood/Murray/Ellis/Bates/Al-Fayed/kenwright/Brown/Ridsdale/Lowe/Mandrovic/Jordan/Hayward/Sugar/Gold/Hamman in

87790[/snapback]

Defending the indefensible tbh

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

Who is Chelsea's chairman? (serious question)

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

Defending the indefensible tbh

87793[/snapback]

No. I've never defended Souness, or said we should give him time.

Shepherd being the Chairman when we were in the Champions League has nothing to do with being a good chairman. He got a bit lucky when he appointed Robson, someone who got the crowd going. The man has no long term plan for the club other than getting his divies up. The only chairman we've had with a plan was Sir John, i.e. build a cracking stadium, bring in an exciting manager, and get the crowd back for the team. Now we need someone else with a long term plan, not someone who makes snap, quick fix decisions.

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

Who is Chelsea's chairman? (serious question)

87794[/snapback]

Bruce Buck

Shepherd being the Chairman when we were in the Champions League has nothing to do with being a good chairman.  He got a bit lucky when he appointed Robson, someone who got the crowd going.  The man has no long term plan for the club other than getting his divies up.  The only chairman we've had with a plan was Sir John, i.e. build a cracking stadium, bring in an exciting manager, and get the crowd back for the team.  Now we need someone else with a long term plan, not someone who makes snap, quick fix decisions.

87812[/snapback]

you are totally wrong. Look at the list of inferior ones I have typed and tell me how many are bettr, have spent more money, and ran their clubs better, backed their managers more, and showed the same ambition

Be careful what you wish for

Of those not a lot, but you can't tell me that the bloke doesn't appoint in a knee jerk reaction to the failings of his last appointment, instead of looking to the future and appointing somebody genuinely capable of taking the club forward in the long term.

Of those not a lot, but you can't tell me that the bloke doesn't appoint in a knee jerk reaction to the failings of his last appointment, instead of looking to the future and appointing somebody genuinely capable of taking the club forward in the long term.

88098[/snapback]

Micky Quinn was on SSN and reckoned the next appointment had to be right, or Shepherd should walk. It's difficult to disagree with that.

88098[/snapback]

Micky Quinn was on SSN and reckoned the next appointment had to be right, or Shepherd should walk. It's difficult to disagree with that.

88111[/snapback]

Agree, but the word Should is the key. He won't walk even if he cocks up the next one i suspect.

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

i'm saying it now. the decisions shepherd has made over the past 2 years beggar belief.

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

i'm saying it now. the decisions shepherd has made over the past 2 years beggar belief.

88128[/snapback]

;)

A decision which was right however was to sack Robson, however he got the timing all wrong.....

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

88128[/snapback]

;)

A decision which was right however was to sack Robson, however he got the timing all wrong.....

88131[/snapback]

He won't make that mistake again.

Oh wait.

To be fair to Shepherd, he has hired managers who most people agreed with (except Souness), he backed them with generous quantities of cash.

He has made, in my view, made the right choice with regards sacking them, BUT his timing was abysmal, four times in a row.

87780[/snapback]

87790[/snapback]

88128[/snapback]

;)

88131[/snapback]

i disagree. i think the decision and the timing was wrong. i'm pretty sure that if robson had seen out the final year of his contract we would have challenged for europe instead of finishing 14th. we then could have spent the whole summer getting a top manager in.

instead shepherd let him spend money in the summer (just as he did with dalglish and gullet before him), then he sacks him 4 games in the new season and replaces him with with possibly the worst man for the job. we could all see appointing souness would end in tears - why couldn't shepherd?

then, in a vain attempt to prove he hasn't hired the wrong man, he backs him to the tune of £50m. We've known for months that souness is on his way out but when does shepherd choose to get rid of him? 2 fucking days after the window shuts, putting off most decent managers (again) from taking the job on in the process.

shepherd hasn't got a fucking clue. leazesmag can harp on to his heart's content about the bad old days and how much shepherd backs his managers but he is backing them with the club's money, not his own. it was obvious to us all that we were desperate for a pacey striker this transfer window but he couldn't even put his finger in his pocket to the tune of a couple of million.

as long as fat fred is at the helm we'll continue to be run like the muppet show. and if we go down the blame lies entirely with him. in less than two years we've gone from a comfortable position both on and off the to relegation contenders. if we go down, he has to go.