Graeme Souness SACKED

MattM4

Why was he sacked? Im gutted  ;)

The only thing i ask for from the board is that they now take their time and employ a manager who is capable of taking us to where we should be with this squad. I dont care if we have to grind out some results as long as we start playing football and get back to where we belong i will be happy.

Take your time, find the right man Freddy!

87909[/snapback]

You overestimate the power of this place tbh.

87914[/snapback]

Maybe i underestimate your power Alex. So what have you told Freddy to do?

I hear Steve McMahon is available after a shocking stint in Perth :blink:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

About time. I just hope the decision didn't come too late. I was shot down a couple of times when I said that I considered losing games would be a good result if it resulted in the sacking of Souness. This was about six months ago. Now we are in a position were we cannot afford to drop a single point, especially not against teams like Portsmouth. A new manager will find it difficult in the short amount of time to turn the fortunes and re-install confidence, fitness and tactics ... especially with taking over a depleted squad.

Good luck to Glen, he'll definitely need it.

I say we go with Roader until the end of the season then buy that two for one package that is Sven and Beckham.

87937[/snapback]

How are we going to afford that?

We need someone who can work with minimal resources for the next few years thanks to that twat Souness.

About time. I just hope the decision didn't come too late. I was shot down a couple of times when I said that I considered losing games would be a good result if it resulted in the sacking of Souness. This was about six months ago. Now we are in a position were we cannot afford to drop a single point, especially not against teams like Portsmouth. A new manager will find it difficult in the short amount of time to turn the fortunes and re-install confidence, fitness and tactics ... especially with taking over a depleted squad.

87942[/snapback]

The squad isn't really depleted though. And a change in management results in a short-term improvement in results 90% of the time. And that is all we need to stay up.

A bit o/t but I like this quote from the SMB btw:

Farewell Agent Souness; you did your best  :blink:

;)

87942[/snapback]

Well yes, myself and a few others wanted it too, unfortunately there were plenty others who said otherwise, we should back the manager first, and are now giving Shepherd stick for the timing....

hindsight or what

87942[/snapback]

Well yes, myself and a few others wanted it too, unfortunately there were plenty others who said otherwise, we should back the manager first, and are now giving Shepherd stick for the timing....

hindsight or what

87953[/snapback]

In all seriousness, why the need for pointscoring?

Anyway, I've got to make Gemmill a new badge now ;)

True, apparently. Well done Shepherd, wait until the transfer window is closed. What a fuckwit!

87834[/snapback]

My thought's exactly ;)

87894[/snapback]

you don't get it do you ?

Having spent money on players that PEOPLE BACKED, and making cheap sales that PEOPLE BACKED, what money we had left has been used to get rid of fuckwit.

What on earth makes you think that there was ANY MORE !

Utterly amazing

87942[/snapback]

hindsight or what

87953[/snapback]

87956[/snapback]

I'm not pointscoring, I'm just aware we could do a lot worse than Shepherd. A lot lot worse.

87942[/snapback]

hindsight or what

87953[/snapback]

87956[/snapback]

I'm not pointscoring, I'm just aware we could do a lot worse than Shepherd. A lot lot worse.

87961[/snapback]

Isegrim didn't even mention him. Seems like you want to make the point in every single thread?

True, apparently. Well done Shepherd, wait until the transfer window is closed. What a fuckwit!

87834[/snapback]

My thought's exactly ;)

87894[/snapback]

you don't get it do you ?

Having spent money on players that PEOPLE BACKED, and making cheap sales that PEOPLE BACKED, what money we had left has been used to get rid of fuckwit.

What on earth makes you think that there was ANY MORE !

Utterly amazing

87959[/snapback]

True LM, but really good managers can wheel and deal, getting rid of players we don't need and replacing them with ones we do, or getting loan deals in, with little or no money spent. But like I've said, I reckon the players we have should be enough to save us - hopefully.

87956[/snapback]

In 50 years when we've completed the third treble in five years, Leazes will be on here saying how none of us deserve to celebrate, because we pushed for Souness's appointment and threw a ticker-tape parade when he was hired.

In all seriousness, is anyone else MIND-NUMBINGLY BORED of Leazes Mag's constant "myself and a few others" craic? Soz LM, cos I do like your posts even though we rarely agree, but have you got that phrase on a keyboard shortcut??

2 questions spring to mind...

1. Why did it take this long? You would hope it's because Shephard has been combing leagues around the world for a top class replacement and only this morning got written confirmation that he's got his man. You would imagine it's because he really wanted to hold onto the money he's had to pay out and He's even less prepared than he was when Robson went. Except now the national job is up for grabs so any manager with a bit of ambition is pinning his hopes on getting that.

2. Why just Souness? Just as bad are the backroom team he brought with him.