the roeder to relegation?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always going to be roeder til we found someone else. lets just hope, alardyce, oneill or someone will come pretty sharpish!

87896[/snapback]

If we get O'Neill, do you think he could get Sutton to come in the summer? :blink:

87901[/snapback]

back on the internet again i see, your job must be GREAT

;)

87915[/snapback]

Handbags tbh

87917[/snapback]

you keep starting it tbh so you obviosuly enjoy it in a homo-erotic type way.

87926[/snapback]

Be fair. What you said about Sutton means you deserve the shit ripped out of you. It'd be the same if anyone else said it tbh.

87929[/snapback]

That he would do better than what we have at the minute on a short term contract? I still stand by it. shearer, Ameobi and Luque are banging them in arent they ;)

It was always going to be roeder til we found someone else. lets just hope, alardyce, oneill or someone will come pretty sharpish!

87896[/snapback]

If we get O'Neill, do you think he could get Sutton to come in the summer? :blink:

87901[/snapback]

back on the internet again i see, your job must be GREAT

;)

87915[/snapback]

Handbags tbh

87917[/snapback]

you keep starting it tbh so you obviosuly enjoy it in a homo-erotic type way.

87926[/snapback]

Be fair. What you said about Sutton means you deserve the shit ripped out of you. It'd be the same if anyone else said it tbh.

87929[/snapback]

That he would do better than what we have at the minute on a short term contract? I still stand by it. shearer, Ameobi and Luque are banging them in arent they ;)

87940[/snapback]

As is Sutton. A fantastic point you made though, well done.

Frank Clark has announced that Roeder can only take charge for 12 weeks as he doesn't hold the correct licences.

Wasn't Souness missing these?

87936[/snapback]

Yes, but the FA gave him and Fergie extra time.

87938[/snapback]

So i can add the FA to the people i blame for inflicting the fucker on this club!!!

which fantastic point? Didnt realise you and alex were quite so close. . . .

87955[/snapback]

Keep up. You claimed Sutton would be better than what we've got. Well he's not even scoring for a team who are capable of creating goals.

Do you ever wonder why so many people take the piss out of you?

which fantastic point? Didnt realise you and alex were quite so close. . . .

87955[/snapback]

Keep up. You claimed Sutton would be better than what we've got. Well he's not even scoring for a team who are capable of creating goals.

Do you ever wonder why so many people take the piss out of you?

87958[/snapback]

Handbags out tbh.

not really fussed, because unlike you this is a place i come for the odd 5 minutes to see what is going on with the football team i support, not to conduct my entire social life online. . . . . . if we are getting personal.

Surely a message board is a place for opinions, yet apparently if your opinions dont fit on here they are wrong? whether thats to do with who you think should be manager, who we should sign, even my not drinking seems to have a profound effect on most people on here?

I have more of a background in football than most in here and have supported newcastle as well as my local teams as long as i can remember so maybe my opinions are just as valid as yours?

The big advantage Roder has is the fans on his side. Souness had us against him from day one and it got steadily worse to point where St James on a Saturday was like a morgue. I expect a dramatic change to the atmosphere on Saturday and for a while at least and that might well be enough to get the players going.

I actually think putting Shearer in with him is a master stroke. There's nowt like a living legend to get people on your side.

Maybe we could get Rob Lee, big Les, Pedro and Gazza in as well!

not really fussed, because unlike you this is a place i come for the odd 5 minutes to see what is going on with the football team i support, not to conduct my entire social life online. . . . . . if we are getting personal.

Surely a message board is a place for opinions, yet apparently if your opinions dont fit on here they are wrong? whether thats to do with who you think should be manager, who we should sign, even my not drinking seems to have a profound effect on most people on here?

I have more of a background in football than most in here and have supported newcastle as well as my local teams as long as i can remember so maybe my opinions are just as valid as yours?

87965[/snapback]

You know that manager we just sacked? Souness, remember him? Have a think about him and then reassess that statement, please.

The big advantage Roder has is the fans on his side.  Souness had us against him from day one and it got steadily worse to point where St James on a Saturday was like a morgue.  I expect a dramatic change to the atmosphere on Saturday and for a while at least and that might well be enough to get the players going.

I actually think putting Shearer in with him is a master stroke.  There's nowt like a living legend to get people on your side.

Maybe we could get Rob Lee, big Les, Pedro and Gazza in as well!

87970[/snapback]

Totally agree, the game on saturday will feel like a great weight has been lifted from everyone and the atmosphere should help lift the players.

Thanks to fuckwitt souness, St. James had completely become a place of depression, anger and apathy in varying ammounts and was about as uninspiring an atmosphere as you could ever create.

87965[/snapback]

You know that manager we just sacked? Souness, remember him? Have a think about him and then reassess that statement, please.

87974[/snapback]

Dont get your point? I have a background in football - check. Support newcastle -check. my opinions are as valid as anyone elses - check

which part of the statement am i reassessing?

Can I point out that Roeder took West Ham to 7th, before seeing his stars sold without his say so?

87918[/snapback]

that is correct....and without being deliberately flippant, the chairman of Newcastle isn't going to do that .....

87930[/snapback]

So, just so Gemmill can quote you in a few months - will Roeder be a success?

;)

87932[/snapback]

A simple answer please, Leazes :blink:

87934[/snapback]

Yes or No will do! ;)

Can I point out that Roeder took West Ham to 7th, before seeing his stars sold without his say so?

87918[/snapback]

that is correct....and without being deliberately flippant, the chairman of Newcastle isn't going to do that .....

87930[/snapback]

So, just so Gemmill can quote you in a few months - will Roeder be a success?

;)

87932[/snapback]

A simple answer please, Leazes :blink:

87934[/snapback]

Yes or No will do! ;)

87982[/snapback]

Hindsight :(

The place will be buzzing on Saturday. Yes, the problems won't suddenly go away overnight, but Roedor has us on his side. Respected ex NUFC player, 6 pointer on Saturday, crowd will be a 12 man again. I think even if we were to go behind the fans would stay with us, something we've missed under The Beast.

I really don't think Shearer will get the nod in the summer (barring a remarkable league run in and a cup win).

I don't think he would want the job at the moment with the current state of the club. I guess he would want to come in either when we are doing really well or when were in a position somewhere like we were when Keegan came. In either of those circumstances the pressue would be less.

Sam Allardyce 7/4

Alan Curbishley 6/1

Paul Jewell 6/1

Alan Shearer 7/1

Mark Hughes 7/1

Steve Bruce 7/1

Sven-Goran Eriksson 7/1

Martin O'Neill 10/1

Guus Hiddink 14/1

Paul Le Guen 14/1

Stuart Pearce 14/1

Glenn Roeder 16/1