the roeder to relegation?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i just ask, is there something inherently wrong about not drinking alcohol?

I don't drink, does that upset some people on here?

Is this based on some other facet of J69 that i haven't been aware of?

88272[/snapback]

Why do you even have to ask, really?

88272[/snapback]

Why do you even have to ask, really?

88274[/snapback]

tbh choc chip I never made an issue out of it, i didnt even bring it up until someone asked about my avatar. Ive got nothing against drinking its just not for me. But a lot of people on here cant accept that for whatever reason.

tbh choc chip I never made an issue out of it, i didnt even bring it up until someone asked about my avatar. Ive got nothing against drinking its just not for me. But a lot of people on here cant accept that for whatever reason.

88278[/snapback]

That's utter bollocks, to be fair. The issue began over you calling Niall Quinn an alcoholic on pretty dubious grounds. You have also several times suggested that the only reason people could drink or do drugs is to look cool and you keep conveniently forgetting that I've told you I've spend large chunks of my adult life not drinking or doing drugs (including when we had the initial argument) and yet you assume it's a 'hard lad' thing. I've never seen any evidence of anyone else giving a shite either.

You have an issue about not drinking and it's why people take the piss, shandy puff. ;)

88278[/snapback]

That's utter bollocks, to be fair. The issue began over you calling Niall Quinn an alcoholic on pretty dubious grounds. You have also several times suggested that the only reason people could drink or do drugs is to look cool and you keep conveniently forgetting that I've told you I've spend large chunks of my adult life not drinking or doing drugs (including when we had the initial argument) and yet you assume it's a 'hard lad' thing. I've never seen any evidence of anyone else giving a shite either.

You have an issue about not drinking and it's why people take the piss, shandy puff. ;)

88283[/snapback]

you calling Niall Quinn an alcoholic - still stand by that but hardly the reason you keep banging on at me

suggested that the only reason people could drink or do drugs is to look cool - never once said that tbh. each to their own

You have an issue about not drinking - Not one have i mentioned it without you or someone else having a dig first. Surely if I had an issue with it i would just drink?

I don't really want to get in to it; I just felt it was neccessary for CC to get the other side of what I felt was a pretty distorted view. I think you've got a chip on your shoulder, but who doesn't? I think you can paint yourself a bit of a muppet on here, but I'm probably slinging that from a glass house, so...

88278[/snapback]

88283[/snapback]

you calling Niall Quinn an alcoholic - still stand by that but hardly the reason you keep banging on at me

suggested that the only reason people could drink or do drugs is to look cool - never once said that tbh. each to their own

You have an issue about not drinking - Not one have i mentioned it without you or someone else having a dig first. Surely if I had an issue with it i would just drink?

88292[/snapback]

This is getting great. I suggest a fist fight to settle all differences.

This is getting great. I suggest a fist fight to settle all differences.

88297[/snapback]

;) Sorry I slowed it down now! I think you'll find that's pronounced GREAT, though.

Any fellow wannabe tough men fancy a fight then, since J69 is too busy having sex?  ;)

88306[/snapback]

Too many grown-ups on here, don't fancy my chances too much, if however you could arrange some sort of event with N-O...

12 weeks is apparently the maximum Shearer and Roeder can operate for under PL rules. So they could just about make it til the end of the season if that's what fatso has in mind. Obviously I think we'd all prefer a full time replacement before then, but just thought I'd deliver this pearl of wisdom for you.

12 weeks is apparently the maximum Shearer and Roeder can operate for under PL rules.  So they could just about make it til the end of the season if that's what fatso has in mind.  Obviously I think we'd all prefer a full time replacement before then, but just thought I'd deliver this pearl of wisdom for you.

88383[/snapback]

You're right, 12 weeks takes us to 27th April. Last two games Birmingham away (29/04) and Chelsea home (07/05). Plus the cup final of course ;)

Would they have to appoint another caretaker for those last two games if they haven't got anyone lined up?

12 weeks is apparently the maximum Shearer and Roeder can operate for under PL rules.  So they could just about make it til the end of the season if that's what fatso has in mind.  Obviously I think we'd all prefer a full time replacement before then, but just thought I'd deliver this pearl of wisdom for you.

88383[/snapback]

You're right, 12 weeks takes us to 27th April. Last two games Birmingham away (29/04) and Chelsea home (07/05). Plus the cup final of course ;)

Would they have to appoint another caretaker for those last two games if they haven't got anyone lined up?

88386[/snapback]

We could have "guest managers" for the last two games. Say Ant and Dec for one game and Cannon and Ball for the other.

88383[/snapback]

88386[/snapback]

We could always just go with no recognised manager and coach, as we have been for the previous 17 months!

Yeah, and they have to take training in the week leading up to the game and it'll be broadcast on Sky One. The more I think about this the less I want to type it in case Fat Fred gets wind. He would love that type of thing.

88383[/snapback]

88386[/snapback]

Roeder and Shearer can apply for an extension, that would almost certainly be granted, so they can manage every game if needs be. Personally I think that's what will happen, and I don't mind a bit provided we aren't relegated (obviously) and Shepherd takes the time to find a decent manager long-term.