Who'll be gone in the summer now then?

Smooth Operator

Emre is the big worry, he did seem to have a lot of respect for Souness and he may well have been a big reason for him to come here.

I guess whether he stays or not will depend on what ambition the club shows from this point. He stayed at Inter after Terim left but no one would argue that they don't show ambition.

If Emre goes, we should get the cash back we paid for him, and should at least get the money we paid for Owen if he decides enough is enough.

If Luque is sold then i fear we'll lose on him, if not struggle to sell him like Viana.

If Emre goes, we should get the cash back we paid for him, and should at least get the money we paid for Owen if he decides enough is enough.

If Luque is sold then i fear we'll lose on him, if not struggle to sell him like Viana.

88286[/snapback]

I think we'll lose a hell of a lot on Owen. How much depends on his performance in the world cup, but we paid over the odds at a time when transfers are falling.

88286[/snapback]

Dunno, think Luque is still highly regarded in Spain (for now). Should be able to make most of our money back from a Spanish side or do a favorable swap deal.

I bet Owen can't wait to invoke his get-out clause and get out of this mad house.

If Boumsong's family have moved back to France I'd be looking to loan him to a French side. Maybe in his home country, in a less competitive league he could start to rebuild his tattered confidence and reputation. We could then look to do a deal on him and recoup some money. Half? Quarter? Who knows.

88286[/snapback]

I think we'll lose a hell of a lot on Owen. How much depends on his performance in the world cup, but we paid over the odds at a time when transfers are falling.

88288[/snapback]

The rumour going round liverpool is that he has a £12mil buy out clause if we fail to qualify for europe this season, apparently Jan Molby said it on scouser radio during their game on wednesday.

Other then the likes of boumsong and owen. I can't see us loosing too much on any of our signings tbh

88286[/snapback]

88288[/snapback]

The rumour going round liverpool is that he has a £12mil buy out clause if we fail to qualify for europe this season, apparently Jan Molby said it on scouser radio during their game on wednesday.

Other then the likes of boumsong and owen. I can't see us loosing too much on any of our signings tbh

88473[/snapback]

Personally I think that clause is utter bollocks.

88286[/snapback]

88288[/snapback]

88473[/snapback]

88498[/snapback]

Clause or not, I can see it happening. Owen's not going to want to hang around in a club where Europe is a distant dream.

88286[/snapback]

88288[/snapback]

88473[/snapback]

88498[/snapback]

Clause or not, I can see it happening. Owen's not going to want to hang around in a club where Europe is a distant dream.

88501[/snapback]

Surely he's not naive enough to make his decision on his future BEFORE he finds out who the manager is going to be though? ;)

88286[/snapback]

88288[/snapback]

88473[/snapback]

88498[/snapback]

88501[/snapback]

Surely he's not naive enough to make his decision on his future BEFORE he finds out who the manager is going to be though? ;)

88504[/snapback]

Obviously not, but I also think that the new manager needs good persuading skills to convince Michael Owen to remain at a club that looks like sliding back into mediocrity.

Boumsong must be cacking himself now that Souey is gone. He has been slaguhtered by the press and will need to play regulary to get into the French team for the WC. Expect a marked improvement in his displays.

88512[/snapback]

Of course, any improvement could be down to improved coaching and tactics.