Now that he's gone...

Gemmill

It's gonna be MON, and as long as he brings JR with him as assistant then I wouldn't mind too much.

I'd like Sven though.

88360[/snapback]

JR??? ;)

88471[/snapback]

John Robertson. Believed to be the man behind the tactics whilst O'Neill was the motivator.

88492[/snapback]

Ah...gotcha.

And that's the John Robertson who played with him at Forest rather than the bloke who we bought from (and quickly sold back to) Hearts...?

I still maintain we should try Citeh's resolve for Stuart Pearce...

88500[/snapback]

I think it is a bit early to judge Pearce. What has he really achieved so far to make him such an attractive option? He is doing arguably well with a mediocre City side and will probably get a decent midtable position...

88502[/snapback]

Anyone who can organise and motivate a team seems like a genius at the moment.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his passion and motivational skills are absolutely immense.

Something which, given our present predicament, we're in dire need off!

I think his passion and motivational skills are absolutely immense.

Something which, given our present predicament, we're in dire need off!

88510[/snapback]

Thing is, does anyone else think he looks like a mackem?

It's gonna be MON, and as long as he brings JR with him as assistant then I wouldn't mind too much.

I'd like Sven though.

88360[/snapback]

JR??? ;)

88471[/snapback]

John Robertson. Believed to be the man behind the tactics whilst O'Neill was the motivator.

88492[/snapback]

Ah...gotcha.

And that's the John Robertson who played with him at Forest rather than the bloke who we bought from (and quickly sold back to) Hearts...?

88500[/snapback]

I think it is a bit early to judge Pearce. What has he really achieved so far to make him such an attractive option? He is doing arguably well with a mediocre City side and will probably get a decent midtable position...

88502[/snapback]

I agree on that front. It looks like hes got potential to be a good manager, but the fact hes been in the job now for under a year and he is already being touted for both the england job and ours is shocking. That'd be like touting Glenn Roeder on a permanant basis after he took west ham to 7th. Don't see any calls for that now though.

I'd like Sven though.

88360[/snapback]

JR??? ;)

88471[/snapback]

88492[/snapback]

Ah...gotcha.

88500[/snapback]

Yep, he's one of Cloughie's boys.

Pearce would be a good choice, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't think so. All the signs are there that he's going to be a top manager. I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of O'Neill, for example.

88915[/snapback]

He has almost no experience though. I can't think what he's done or shown to warrant getting the job personally, not yet anyway.

Pearce would be a good choice, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't think so. All the signs are there that he's going to be a top manager. I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of O'Neill, for example.

88915[/snapback]

He has almost no experience though. I can't think what he's done or shown to warrant getting the job personally, not yet anyway.

88917[/snapback]

Gut feeling, Renton. I don't know what it is, he just seems to do the right things and have a belief and a confidence about him. I see twats like Souness and all I see is a smirking wanker who doesn't give a shit about anything. I see Pearce and I see someone with a pride in what he does and who looks capable of instilling a certain kind of pride in his players that they perform to their best.

He may not be the right man, it may be too early, but any appointment will be a gamble. I don't see him being any greater a gamble than O'Neill or Allardyce.

He has also said in the last day or two that he would like to stay at Citeh for another 5 or 10 years. A stable, comfortable environment where he is well thought of. Why would he want to come here at this stage of his managerial career?

88957[/snapback]

Well, good question.

It's about ambition I suppose. If he was offered the job and knocked it back I'd think he was lacking ambition. After saying that, it seems to be accepted by most of us now that we need 3 strikers but we have no money, Souness having been given the time his supporters insisted he needed in order to squander £50m of the clubs money, leaving us in the shit. We may struggle to get any decent manager under those circumstances.

Or Curbishley - don't remember anyone talking about him when Charlton had a bad spell. And really the only reason McClaren is touted for the next England job is because he is the assistant.

89376[/snapback]

:doubleact: Did you see that Boro fan run half the length of the pitch to throw his season ticket at McLaren yesterday?

Or Curbishley - don't remember anyone talking about him when Charlton had a bad spell. And really the only reason McClaren is touted for the next England job is because he is the assistant.

89376[/snapback]

:doubleact: Did you see that Boro fan run half the length of the pitch to throw his season ticket at McLaren yesterday?

89378[/snapback]

Look how easy it was for him to run all the way through without a single challenge to stop him, the boro defence must double up as stewards!

89376[/snapback]

89378[/snapback]

I agreed with what they said on MOTD, that he could have had a knife or something much more dangerous than a season ticket, and the security men were too scared even to tackle him - bit like their defence.

89376[/snapback]

89378[/snapback]

I agreed with what they said on MOTD, that he could have had a knife or something much more dangerous than a season ticket, and the security men were too scared even to tackle him - bit like their defence.

89385[/snapback]

Wonder what became of the season ticket...

Just makes you think about the sort of fans some clubs have...thnakfully no-one embarrassed our club by throwing stuff at Souness. Although it was VERY tempting to do so. :o

89376[/snapback]

89378[/snapback]

89385[/snapback]

Just makes you think about the sort of fans some clubs have...thnakfully no-one embarrassed our club by throwing stuff at Souness. Although it was VERY tempting to do so. :suicide:

89390[/snapback]

I wonder if he'll get his season ticket back?

That's £30 down the drain... :o

Pearce would be a good choice, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't think so. All the signs are there that he's going to be a top manager.

88915[/snapback]

It would be interested to see Pearce's influence on our lot.

Imagine the faces of some of our players as they leave the dressing room after they have had their shite r'n'b cd shoved up their arse and then been subjected to psycho's sex pistols and stranglers collection.

The bling boys wouldn't know what hit them!

89376[/snapback]

89378[/snapback]

89385[/snapback]

Just makes you think about the sort of fans some clubs have...thnakfully no-one embarrassed our club by throwing stuff at Souness. Although it was VERY tempting to do so. :o

89390[/snapback]

he'd have got freedom of the city .......

89376[/snapback]

89378[/snapback]

89385[/snapback]

Just makes you think about the sort of fans some clubs have...thnakfully no-one embarrassed our club by throwing stuff at Souness. Although it was VERY tempting to do so. :jihad:

89390[/snapback]

I wonder if he'll get his season ticket back?

That's £30 down the drain... :suicide:

89396[/snapback]

They're reporting on Talksport this morning that they've returned the ticket to him and are taking 'no further action'. The club are mumbling on about how they can forgive him as it's a display of passion... :o

Putting all jokes about it being Boro obviously desperate not to increase the amount of empty seats to one side, I think the ramifications of them doing this is pretty serious. Passion or not, what he did is tresspass and also brought about a hold up to the match - surely the FA will have something to say??

As others have said, who was to know this bloke wasn't a serious risk, yet it seems he managed to get all the way from one end of the ground to the dugouts and hurl his ticket at McLaren before a policeman or steward challenged him. There was even one camera angle which showed O'Leary on the edge of his technical area looking back at the bloke in disbelief.

Something not right there....