Arena Quake 4

Geordie Boyo

Just got it tonight and I can't play the fecker! ;)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any downloads I could possibly use so that I can play it?

I have

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Celeron®

CPU 2.80GHz

2.81 GHz

192 MB of RAM

....please help! :blink:

Just got it tonight and I can't play the fecker! ;)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any downloads I could possibly use so that I can play it?

I have

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Celeron®

CPU 2.80GHz

2.81 GHz

192 MB of RAM

....please help!  :blink:

88355[/snapback]

i'm not familier with the game tbh but youve got no way near enough ram.

to run xp as the bare minimum you should have 256k and then be looking tp upgrade that.

do you get error messages? does the game start then fuck up?

or does the game not even start?

Quake 4 needs quite a powerful PC to run smoothly. Ideally a gig of ram and a good graphics card etc. Also I know some people have had problems installing recent activision games due to anti-piracy measures. For instance, it may object to you having a virtual drive (although I've been OK on that score).

A bit o/t, but one friend I know couldn't get the movies to load because his DVD drivers were incompatible, and there was nothing he could do about it - he couldn't even get a refund. So he had to download it illegally and play it with a crack - goes to show how stupid the antipiracy measures can be.

But tbh, I wouldn't bother. I bought Q4 weeks ago and have all but given up on it because it's so derivative and generic. Really, really, boring!

Edit: looking again at your specs, you have virtually no chance running the game I'm afraid. The minimum graphics card you will need will be geforce 4 (not an MX variety) or above with 128 Mb + (older cards than this will be incompatible). I reckon you'll need to spend at least a couple of hundred quid to get this game running at all, but it will still look shit....

Edited by Renton