What if...?

BastianSchweinsteiger

didnt SSN say he didnt have the correct uefa badges or summit? or were they just referring to Shearer?

88374[/snapback]

They both lack the correct badges and can only be in charge for 12 weeks. I don't know how far along either of them are in qualifying but i suspect Fat Fred doesn't see Roeder being boss long term.

If Roeder does a "Stuart Pierce" then I believe he will be entitled to the job. The red tape can be sorted out easily enough. Doubt he will though.

Which reminds me, wasn't Pierce in charge when Forest went down? He turned out OK at citeh, so maybe Roeder won't be as useless as some people think. Maybe. ;)

I'm pretty sure Renton will require Champions League qualification by the end of this season.  Anything less is a sackable offence IIRC.  I'm a bit more lenient but apparently that was my downfall. :blink:

88393[/snapback]

Obsessed. :(;)

A bit more lenient? You aren't joking! ;)

Whoever does get the job will be starting from a much worse inherited position than Souness was don't forget, and won't have the funds he had. I would think it good going if they could achieve qualification for Europe in less than three year now tbh.

If Roeder does a "Stuart Pierce" then I believe he will be entitled to the job. The red tape can be sorted out easily enough. Doubt he will though.

Which reminds me, wasn't Pierce in charge when Forest went down? He turned out OK at citeh, so maybe Roeder won't be as useless as some people think. Maybe.  ;)

88398[/snapback]

Pearce was in charge of Forest briefly and for his first team sheet his wife had to point out he'd picked 12 players (or 10 i can't remember which) :blink:

Which reminds me, wasn't Pierce in charge when Forest went down? He turned out OK at citeh, so maybe Roeder won't be as useless as some people think. Maybe.  ;)

88398[/snapback]

Pearce was in charge of Forest briefly and for his first team sheet his wife had to point out he'd picked 12 players (or 10 i can't remember which) :blink:

88405[/snapback]

11 but no keeper IIRC. ;)

I'm pretty sure Renton will require Champions League qualification by the end of this season.  Anything less is a sackable offence IIRC.  I'm a bit more lenient but apparently that was my downfall. :blink:

88393[/snapback]

Obsessed. :(;)

A bit more lenient? You aren't joking! ;)

Whoever does get the job will be starting from a much worse inherited position than Souness was don't forget, and won't have the funds he had. I would think it good going if they could achieve qualification for Europe in less than three year now tbh.

88402[/snapback]

Whether it's Roeder/Big Al or a new appointment i will be expecting everyone to be pretty lenient for this season.

They are taking over a mess, avoiding relegation is enough now.

All that i would like to see is somesigns of improvement in terms of organisation, gameplans, tactics and the like. And at least a small step up in standard of football and attacking.

If it looks as though the person (and their staff) are heading in the right direction then we can start to be optimistic about the following season.

Whoever takes over has two things in their favour against all the crap they are presented with:

1. The players available and soon to be available are so much better than Souness made them look, so any manger has a chance of improving us

2. We have a good home tie to get into the QF of the fa cup

88398[/snapback]

88405[/snapback]

11 but no keeper IIRC. ;)

88406[/snapback]

That was it, he had 11 down but nobody playing in goal :(

Pearce tbh.

88399[/snapback]

Craig would be proud.

88403[/snapback]

That makes sense! ;)

I think if you look closely, you'll observe that Gemmill is the resident forum pedant when it comes to spelling/grammar - not me! :blink:

Definately!