Kluivert: I hope Toon win the FA Cup

Jimbo

Why ? has he got a payment clause in his contract ? ;)

I'm very pleased that Valencia turned down a £2 million bid for me from Hamburg just before the transfer deadline. I signed a three-year contract with Valencia at the beginning of the season and I have every intention of fulfilling it. So it's of no interest to me that other clubs want me. I want to stay here and do my best for the club. The manager and the fans deserve that and I want to repay their faith in me.

It's been a disappointing season for me so far on a personal level, because I want to show everyone the real Patrick Kluivert. I don't think the fans have seen that yet. As far as the team are concerned, though, we are in second spot, behind only a very good Barcelona side, and I am very happy with that. We are looking like a good team and with players like Edu coming back to fitness we can only get stronger. We will do our best to catch Barcelona, but it will take a spectacular collapse if we are to overhaul them.

I was also delighted that I scored last weekend against Real Zaragoza and that I set up the equalizing goal for Pablo Aimar. Maybe that point will prove important at the end of the season.

I have no particular views on Newcastle's performances, but I sincerely hope that they will do better in the Premiership as the season progresses. They still have a chance of winning the FA Cup, so I hope, for the supporters and the chairman, that that will happen.