Emre primed for Euro action..

Scottish Mag

Turkish international Emre has told Newcastle boss Graeme Souness he is fighting fit and ready to figure in tonight's Intertoto Cup semi-final second leg against Deportivo La Coruna.

The Spaniards will take a 2-1 lead to St James' Park but Emre is confident that can be turned around on home soil.

Fellow summer signing Scott Parker is also in the squad while Jermaine Jenas and Shola Ameobi return from injury lay-offs.

It will be a tough game against Deportivo, but I think we will win it," Emre told the club's website, www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk.

And he added of his own condition: "Physically I feel fine. I have been training hard, and I am ready for a game now.

"I am in the squad for the game with Deportivo, so hopefully I will play in that. I need a game, but I don't know what the manager is planning on doing.

"I am happy with my training. It has been tiring for me after a 30-day break, but I will be ready for the Arsenal game at the start of the season.

"If the manager asks me to play against Deportivo then I will be ready for that game as well. I want to play and show the fans what I can do."

The midfielder revealed he could not be happier with life on Tyneside, except for one thing.

"I have been made to feel very welcome by everyone at the club, and the fans have also been good to me," he added.

"I like Newcastle and I am moving out of my hotel this week into a house so that will help me settle more as well.

"The only problem for me in Newcastle is the weather! In Turkey in August it is about 40 or 45 degrees - here in Newcastle it is much colder. I'm sure I will get used to it soon though."

Turkish international Emre has told Newcastle boss Graeme Souness he is fighting fit and ready to figure in tonight's Intertoto Cup semi-final second leg against Deportivo La Coruna.

The Spaniards will take a 2-1 lead to St James' Park but Emre is confident that can be turned around on home soil.

Fellow summer signing Scott Parker is also in the squad while Jermaine Jenas and Shola Ameobi return from injury lay-offs.

It will be a tough game against Deportivo, but I think we will win it," Emre told the club's website, www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk.

And he added of his own condition: "Physically I feel fine. I have been training hard, and I am ready for a game now.

"I am in the squad for the game with Deportivo, so hopefully I will play in that. I need a game, but I don't know what the manager is planning on doing.

"I am happy with my training. It has been tiring for me after a 30-day break, but I will be ready for the Arsenal game at the start of the season.

"If the manager asks me to play against Deportivo then I will be ready for that game as well. I want to play and show the fans what I can do."

The midfielder revealed he could not be happier with life on Tyneside, except for one thing.

"I have been made to feel very welcome by everyone at the club, and the fans have also been good to me," he added.

"I like Newcastle and I am moving out of my hotel this week into a house so that will help me settle more as well.

"The only problem for me in Newcastle is the weather! In Turkey in August it is about 40 or 45 degrees - here in Newcastle it is much colder. I'm sure I will get used to it soon though."

6926[/snapback]

Might as well write him off for the winter months or get him some tights, fanny!

Thank Christ for Emre. I thought he was superb all things considered last night.

His touch was good, his range of passing was excellent (being able to play a ball for his team mate to run on to is a wonderfull gift that none of our players have had for years) and he has a cracking shot.

He may make the season worth watching!