Democratic Muslims imposing their ways again

LeazesMag

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NJS: I have just explained at length where that sense of paranoia you describe originated. Now I want to know what you think we (we in the sense of we as members of the human race) should do about it.

@Leazes: I notice you skipped my post entirely. You must've known it all already? ;)

I don't think I've ever actually asked you before, but here goes: in your opinion, what is the source of Islamism/Islamic extremism?

I was hoping for a higher level of discussion in this thread, you know, one actually backed by facts and logic rather than the usual "all Muslims are killers/baddies/etc." vs. "nah they're all right like."

I was hoping for a higher level of discussion in this thread, you know, one actually backed by facts and logic rather than the usual "all Muslims are killers/baddies/etc." vs. "nah they're all right like."

;) On toontastic? Good luck with that. :icon_lol:

@NJS: I have just explained at length where that sense of paranoia you describe originated. Now I want to know what you think we (we in the sense of we as members of the human race) should do about it.

I've said before that I see the best hope for Muslims in the west at least is for them to be "corrupted" by more modern values - I honestly don't know if the same process can work in Islamic countries.

Having said that I was in Morocco just over 3 years ago and though I could see a lot of the traditional culture, it was apparent in the big towns that the youth at least were embracing Westernism to some degree.

Relax, I'm not seriously suggesting you're in favour of inter-generational love. ;)

Call me stupid, but I tend to get get a bit pissed off when someone says I favour the rape of kids.

Perhaps Toontastic should introduce a smiley that's disguised itself as a school you can use when joking about paedophilia. :icon_lol:

Relax, I'm not seriously suggesting you're in favour of inter-generational love. ;)

Call me stupid, but I tend to get get a bit pissed off when someone says I favour the rape of kids.

Perhaps Toontastic should introduce a smiley that's disguised itself as a school you can use when joking about paedophilia. :icon_lol:

Apologies, as you rightly pointed out I was just talking shite.

Apologies, as you rightly pointed out I was just talking shite.

Gladly accepted. :icon_lol:

Can I just verify that shagging pensioners is a no no? :icon_lol:

Out for a birthday with a lad from work last week and he was telling me how when his brother turned 32 he vowed to shag a 16 year old and a 64 year old in the same week to celebrate - and supposedly succeeded.

Out for a birthday with a lad from work last week and he was telling me how when his brother turned 32 he vowed to shag a 16 year old and a 64 year old in the same week to celebrate - and supposedly succeeded.

:icon_lol:

Aye. Never mind the quality, feel the width.

@Leazes: I notice you skipped my post entirely. You must've known it all already? ;)

I don't think I've ever actually asked you before, but here goes: in your opinion, what is the source of Islamism/Islamic extremism?

what will end it ?

what will end it ?

I've already answered your question but you didn't answer mine.

I told you what will end it. Islamism teaches that the structures of ignorance exist all across the world. They say that the way to overcome the ignorance which has led to the dominance of the Muslim world by the West is twofold: 1, we must return to the sunna and the 7th century and 're-Islamise' ourselves; 2, we must violently destroy the ignorant system of the West and Islamise them.

The only way to defeat that kind of us vs. them mentality is to demonstrate that we are all on the same side, which is the side of the human race and of modern society. To defeat the spectre of Islamism, the West has to abandon their preconceived notions of the Muslim world and welcome them into our society as equals, helping them to modernise themselves.

@NJS: It can work in the Muslim world. But you have to realise that it's all very well to say that they must embrace Western/modern values, but attempting to make Muslim society forcibly embrace the West is emblematic of the kind of superior, imperialistic attitude the West has exhibited toward the East since the 17th century and that is the very attitude that Islamists feed off of. Why do the Moroccan urban youth embrace Western values? What is it they see in the West that makes them choose to align themselves with it? That's what the West needs to examine and to offer the Muslim world rather than attempting to force it upon them. Giving someone the option to move into the 21st century is the right attitude. Telling them they must or they will be killed/censured/sanctioned/barred from entering will only engender more hatred.

@NJS: It can work in the Muslim world. But you have to realise that it's all very well to say that they must embrace Western/modern values, but attempting to make Muslim society forcibly embrace the West is emblematic of the kind of superior, imperialistic attitude the West has exhibited toward the East since the 17th century and that is the very attitude that Islamists feed off of. Why do the Moroccan urban youth embrace Western values? What is it they see in the West that makes them choose to align themselves with it? That's what the West needs to examine and to offer the Muslim world rather than attempting to force it upon them. Giving someone the option to move into the 21st century is the right attitude. Telling them they must or they will be killed/censured/sanctioned/barred from entering will only engender more hatred.

I agree it has to be a voluntary "corruption" as I referred to it and I think the driving force is a natural desire of all humans to be "free" from the shackles which repressive regimes whether religious or not impose. At a base level I think religion's classic mistake throughout history has been sexual repression rather than any other kind and I think that will be its "downfall" in the Muslim world.

Of course some aspects of this in the western world could be argued to have gone too far but I think a middle ground is the way forward. I think this also applies to Catholic third world countries just as much as Islamic ones.

Relax, I'm not seriously suggesting you're in favour of inter-generational love. :razz:

Can I just verify that shagging pensioners is a no no? ;)

Aye. Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Especially with the 64 year old.

Why do we, as Westerners, think we are right about things such as premarital sex, drugs, womens rghts etc. You can't say these relaxed views have improved our society. Not that I'm bothered, I like a bucket and a good reach around as much as the next bloke. We calll their views medieval but maybe they are right. I can't remember what my point was going to be but just calm the fuck doon man. I hope alll religions merge actually. A full out war between the heathens and the believers. That should sort the population crisis out

Why do we, as Westerners, think we are right about things such as premarital sex, drugs, womens rghts etc. You can't say these relaxed views have improved our society. Not that I'm bothered, I like a bucket and a good reach around as much as the next bloke. We calll their views medieval but maybe they are right. I can't remember what my point was going to be but just calm the fuck doon man. I hope alll religions merge actually. A full out war between the heathens and the believers. That should sort the population crisis out

:razz:

We are right about pre-marital sex, drugs and women's rights though. Thats the whole point.

Islam's moral codes were designed to be useful for life 1400 years ago. The problem with any rule-based (thou shalt not) morality, is that it soon breaks down in the face of real life. So you have to add loads of caveats to the rules. All religious morality therefore fails eventually, so you need a pope or an ayatollah to make up adaptations to the rules whilst pretending to be the voice of a deity on earth.

Western philosophical thought moved beyond infantile approaches to forming order in society (which is basically what religions are) many centuries ago. Thank the lord it did too. Tolerance isnt the issue, brainwashing children is the major problem in the modern world.