Scolari

Scottish Mag

Scolari is on Radio 5 live at 9am (probably after the news like, so not precisely).

89222[/snapback]

Did he say owt then?

89312[/snapback]

Not really. He wouldn't mind the England job or working in England, but it'll have to be after July 31. He said he'll need to improve his English.

Freddy was asked about him and said he'd never heard of him. quelle supreez. He also said they've not considered anyone yet as it took Thursday and Friday to get Roeder and Shearer bedded in. can't see why it's a 2 day phone-call to say "Glenn, can you take first team training for a bit" There'll be a meeting next week to list names apparently.

Does he have any experience of club mangement outside Brazil?

88601[/snapback]

he's a serious front runner, but I would have big reservations about a manager who has never been a club manager in europe, to me its as risky as you can get.

I can't see the grounds for appointing him at all and if it goes pear shaped then for me it would be Shepherds head on the block, for footballing reasons and one gamble too much.

I would give Allardyce time, because he's proved by improving Bolton year after year that he's a "builder" and can manage top players, very important for a club like us, and is what we need now. I would also obviously give time to Hitzfeld, Hiddink but would accept Eriksson or O'Neill but not so much as the other 3, although Eriksson would come out in the wash like Dalglish so be prepared for possible failure its a hard one to call, despite his club successes ....

Edit: As for Shepherd saying he's not heard of Scolari, he's heard of him alright..

Edited by LeazesMag

Freddy was asked about him and said he'd never heard of him.

89313[/snapback]

Did he really say that or have I been wooshed?

89345[/snapback]

He said he'd never met him and so couldn't comment on whether or not he'd be interested in offering him the job.

Freddy was asked about him and said he'd never heard of him.

89313[/snapback]

Did he really say that or have I been wooshed?

89345[/snapback]

I was being a bit unfair. He never said that. Can't remember his exact words. Something abut how he's never spoke to the bloke in his life (as if that makes a diffence, does it have to be his mate as well as a Geordie). He just sounded surprised to hear the name.