Cruise ship disappears in Red Sea

Craig

We've got more cultural links with America than Egypt tbh.

88752[/snapback]

I don't know - I can't remember seeing ANY american cultural artefacts in the British Museum.......................... but there are a load of Egyptian bits and bobs - even dead people 'n aal

88764[/snapback]

Yeah, that we fucking nicked.

88771[/snapback]

The Elgin Marbles are from Britain though, right? :doubleact:

88779[/snapback]

Aye, they washed up on the beach, salvage rights or something.

We've got more cultural links with America than Egypt tbh.

88752[/snapback]

I don't know - I can't remember seeing ANY american cultural artefacts in the British Museum.......................... but there are a load of Egyptian bits and bobs - even dead people 'n aal

88764[/snapback]

Yeah, that we fucking nicked.

88771[/snapback]

The Elgin Marbles are from Britain though, right? :doubleact:

88779[/snapback]

Aye, they washed up on the beach, salvage rights or something.

88781[/snapback]

That makes us more Greek than Welsh, or something.

The British Museum is well worth seeing imo, but it's not exactly British is it?

88786[/snapback]

well there are few coins from Ethrics day and the Sutton Hoo traesure and Bede's book on "The History of the Great Gatsby as told to me" and the Lindisfarne gospels - sounds OK to me

And of course the Elgin Marbles were bought fair and square from the authorities at the time......

The British Museum is well worth seeing imo, but it's not exactly British is it?

88786[/snapback]

well there are few coins from Ethrics day and the Sutton Hoo traesure and Bede's book on "The History of the Great Gatsby as told to me" and the Lindisfarne gospels - sounds OK to me

And of course the Elgin Marbles were bought fair and square from the authorities at the time......

88796[/snapback]

:doubleact:

I know, I've been. Would you say the vast majority of the artifacts on display were from Britain or elsewhere? Have you been though, did you miss the bit dedicated to the Americas? :o

Edited by alex

I have been - in fact I once did a job round the corner from there and used to waste the odd lunchtime browsing around in side - but I really can't remember any 'Merican stuff....................

I have been - in fact I once did a job round the corner from there and used to waste the odd lunchtime browsing around in side - but I really can't remember any 'Merican stuff....................

88815[/snapback]

It's a big place, so I'll let you off :doubleact: There's not a huge amount compared to some cultures but there's some Native American artifacts.

some dead mummies in the British museum.  :doubleact:

88765[/snapback]

nee dead daddies though :o

coincedence? I think not.

I blame the damn damn western infidels and their intolerance of other cultures.

also artefacts in a museum are the only legitimate way to guage links with another society. Fact.

it's got bugger all to do with the way society as a whole thinks, speaks, acts, the fashions and fads they follow, the laws they follow...

nope it's only a true link if you've got something musty and old in a cupboard on display somewhere....

Apparently this Ferry is a sister ship of the Herald of free enterprise that sank off Zeebrugger, wonder if they shut the loading doors ?