Mohamed’s member movers and shakers v Pardew’s shit stained legacy.

Dr Gloom

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Psychologically it must be difficult for the players to keep playing like their lives depend on it when they're safe. That sounds like it's an excuse for them not giving 100% but because of the dearth of quality in the squad and the way we need to play to get results then it must have been a long, hard season. And not without a high level of stress that comes with spending quite a lot of time in and around the bottom 3 (even when we were a few places above it we were often only 2-3 points off 3rd bottom). And following on from Adios' point re: the results, even should Ashley stay then it should make him realise we need to invest enough to ensure mid-table and push for 7th/8th/9th whereas if we'd won our remaining games he'd probably think we're nearly a Champions League side already, such is his myopic way of viewing things

Very fair point about how difficult it's been for them.  I think they deserve huge plaudits regardless of how the rest of the season goes and hopefully we don't hear many boos if they turn in a few shite performances.

• Like 1

Slimani has been charged with violent conduct by the Fa for kicking a bloke in the leg.

Salah has been let off for punching a different bloke in the face.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Slimani has been charged with violent conduct by the Fa for kicking a bloke in the leg.

Slim pickings from this loan then. Return to sender Rafa.

42 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Can I start abusing Slimani again? He's been pretty poor in his brief appearance in our colours. 

Now he's starting on the coloureds.  :no

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

That’s the last we’ll see of him then.

Maybe not, if Rafa likes him and the price will surely go down ?

He was an idiot for kicking that lad for sure, but everyone makes a mistake and deserves another chance.

His very limited time on the pitch was not very good, I agree, but after a long injury, a new club etc I think it's to early to judge him on that.

We might get him at a bargain price, and next season he proves why Leicester paid £35 million for him ? 

Unless he has been amazing in training I think it's fair to say that he hasn't done enough in his 130 minutes to justify even half of what Leicester paid for him.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Unless he has been amazing in training I think it's fair to say that he hasn't done enough in his 130 minutes to justify even half of what Leicester paid for him.

I understand but he's returning from injury, 130 mins is not long enough to bin him. Give him a fair run in the team inot as long as Joselu got but certainly more than 130mins.

Relieved we farmed out the big striker who wasn't scoring and was a bit of a liability and got Slimani in instead.

2 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

I understand but he's returning from injury, 130 mins is not long enough to bin him. Give him a fair run in the team inot as long as Joselu got but certainly more than 130mins.

He would have gotten a run had he been fit and ready, obviously he wasn't both. Maybe Rafa has seen enough of him behind closed doors to decide whether to sign him or not but it won't be on the basis of what he's done on the field.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Relieved we farmed out the big striker who wasn't scoring and was a bit of a liability and got Slimani in instead.

Yeah, the results have been shit since then

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, the results have been shit since then

I was mostly joking, but would they have been worse with Mitrovic at the club?  He's certainly better than Joselu and would likely have made more impact from the bench than the Spaniard. And we've had 130 minutes from Slimani, in that time he's, what? Set up a goal against Arsenal and received a ban ruling him out for the rest of the season. 

Rafa > Mitro, obviously, but Mitro > Slimani and Joselu for me.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i like mitro but rafa doesn't and that's good enough for me. 

i think we'll piss on slimani. 

:o