Local Heroes mobile game - Help wanted

JohnSloan

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of help from some fellow Newcastle fans, firstly let me introduce myself:

My name is John Sloan, I'm the founder and designer for Unchained Games, I've worked for some big games companies in the past and have recently been working on my debut (self funded) game "Local Heroes".

Local Heroes is a unique turn based football game on mobile devices (think a cross between football and chess), its focused more on the amateur side of football, where you take control of a rundown clubhouse and team, give them a name, and challenge either your Facebook friends or random opponents.  The game has lots of upgrades and customisation so you can for example, customise your clubhouse, the pitch, add new players, boots, balls, strips, etc.  Winning games against random opponents also allows you to improve your current squad which in turn will improve your overall team rating.

I'm at the stage where as I'm an indie developer I can't check that the game is running smoothly on different devices with different firmware - this is where you come in - iOS is fine, due to their restrictions we're happy with how it performs at the moment.  Android is the test as there are literally thousands of combinations of devices and firmware.  I'm looking for some feedback from Newcastle fans (I'm hoping that you'll be more forgiving towards a fellow season ticket holder...) on what devices are having some issues and any comments/thoughts.  the game itself is essentially finished and not many more changes will happen before launch but that's not to say we won't change things post release - better optimisation, more customisation etc.

What I need:

If you could click on one of the links and download the game for FREE here:

Android: https://t.co/rMIEyzPGgK

iOS:  https://t.co/5JadvnkYgF

and launch the game, the user base at the moment is very small due to it not having any marketing or pushing it out at the moment, so a good way to find someone to play is to get a facebook friend to download the game, and link your facebook accounts, that way you can invite one another, alternatively, you can host/join a random game.  I'd suggest playing SLOW games, that gives you a max of 24hours between turns (the idea is that this is a casual game, not a FIFA clone - decisions matter, not speed and reflexes).

ISSUES:

We had an issue previously where we couldn't launch the game on a certain device and firmware, we fixed it but this is mostly what I'm trying to catch now, the problem is obvious - after you install the game there is no loading bar at the bottom and you will sit infinitely on the LOCAL HEROES intro screen.  If you encounter this or any other issue I would appreciate it if you could send an email to - contact@unchainedgames.co.uk with your device name, firmware and brief description of the issue, for example:

Sony XZ

v6.2.0

Game hung on launch screen - I installed the game and couldn't get past the launch screen.

And that's really all!  

If you could watch some ad's or if you appreciate what I'm trying to do, buy me a coffee by buying some in game credits, then even better :)  I hope to build up the series and make things bigger and better in future, to do that, we need this to be successful.

Tell your friends, good luck and thanks in advance to all those that can help

Cheers

John

I likely won't get a chance to give this much of a go, so just wanted to say it looks really professional and fun. 

Good luck with the project!