Golden State Killer

adios

Couldn't find a serial killer thread, so...

They've allegedly finally caught the GSK who was last active in the mid-80s.  Had been presumed dead as he'd been very active for a decade then just disappeared.

Only thing that really caught my attention is that the suspect is a former cop, which is something straight out of a movie and should prove "interesting" as the story unfolds.

He was guilty of a rake of rapes/murders and used to call his victims to taunt them afterwards.  It's unclear at this time whether he was taunting the dead ones.

They finally nailed him on DNA evidence.

Wiki mentions them matching the felon database with GedMatch Genealogy DNA service.  Not sure if that's how they actually got him but all it would take would be a near-relative to upload their DNA to link him.

I'm on there so I guess my dreams of a terrorising the sheep of Dingle are on permanent hold. <_<  

Come on people, stop acting like you don't have the salacity for this topic.

Mindhunters is popular for a reason. <_<  

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m busy making a list of all my relatives that’ve registered on 23andme…

:lol:  Someone in the guild warned me this would happen too.

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s quite surprising how rare they are over here.

The US has a very fucked up culture for a Western country but probably has the best rate of identifying and capturing them too when compared to some South American countries, for example, where they are also prevalent.

So I think it's a mixture of lunacy; large, sprawling, anonymous cities and detective work spotting trends we can't compete with (and perhaps don't even want to).

:lol:  Was going to make a joke earlier that there must be more than one sick fucker on here, but now you've got me worried...

Herring had a couple of lasses on recently that do some serial killer podcast.  That sounded like it might be good.  Can't recall the name; do you listen to it? :razz:  

3 minutes ago, adios said:

Herring had a couple of lasses on recently that do some serial killer podcast.  That sounded like it might be good.  Can't recall the name; do you listen to it? :razz:  

No but I will if you tell me the name. :lol: Sword and Scale us probably the pick of the ones I listen to. 

57 minutes ago, adios said:

The US has a very fucked up culture for a Western country but probably has the best rate of identifying and capturing them too when compared to some South American countries, for example, where they are also prevalent.

So I think it's a mixture of lunacy; large, sprawling, anonymous cities and detective work spotting trends we can't compete with (and perhaps don't even want to).

While not instant killers, the ones that worry me are the ones with property who can keep their victims alive for as long as they want. :(

I think I was scarred by that scene in pulp fiction.