Watford

adios

Rafa fucked it up from the start by starting Manquillo and Murphy.

He fucked it up again by not making changes at half-time.

Would have been 4 or 5 by half-time had it not been for a brilliant keeper.

Apart from the keeper we were absolute rubbish in the first-half.

Kenedy did nothing except pass the ball, he made no runs and took nobody on.

I could go on and on but fuck it, we should have got at least a point.

13 minutes ago, adios said:

Ah well, we got to watch a better half of football and the fat man will lose another few million off his asking price.

And, if the Fat Man does stay, it's pretty obvious that he's going to need to put some money in. Right?!?!

24 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Rafa fucked it up from the start by starting Manquillo and Murphy.

He fucked it up again by not making changes at half-time.

Would have been 4 or 5 by half-time had it not been for a brilliant keeper.

Apart from the keeper we were absolute rubbish in the first-half.

Kenedy did nothing except pass the ball, he made no runs and took nobody on.

I could go on and on but fuck it, we should have got at least a point.

A bit of a miserable fucker aren't you :D

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

A bit of a miserable fucker aren't you :D

I am when we play like shite and get scored on in 2 minutes. You expect me to be a happy fucker when we lose 3 in a row that were all winnable.:mad:

2 minutes ago, Noelie said:

I am when we play like shite and get scored on in 2 minutes. You expect me to be a happy fucker when we lose 3 in a row that were all winnable.:mad:

You've literally never been happy on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Noelie said:

yes, because we are staying up.

These dead rubbers are just that, dead rubbers. All that matters is we stay up.

We did, so cheer up FFS.:razz:

2 hours ago, adios said:

You've literally never been happy on here.

You lie like a whore in Amsterdam, I was happy when we beat Arsenal and ManUre to name a couple of times.:razz:

Good day yesterday spoilt by a fuckin wretched first half display. It's my contention that Watfords first goal is one of the worst I've seen us concede. Ever.  :cuppa:

Watford itself has all the soul and character of galvanised dustbin. The pub near the station wasn't open at 1130, so we set out on an expedition to find other sources of refreshment nearby. The One Bell had a hoarding around it preventing access, so it was onwards to the assault course of the pedestrianisation works being carried out further up the high street which, once deftly completed, allowed entry into the heady delights of the local Wetherspoons. Gigantic bar with 4 witless teenagers serving hoardes of droothy football supporters. Big town Watford, close to London, fair to say a long tradition of football supporters visiting it;

THERE IS NOW ONLY ONE PUB ON ITS ENTIRE HIGH STREET AND ITS A FUCKIN WETHERSPOONS STAFFED BY CHILDREN WHO COULDNT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHO WAS NEXT IN THE QUEUE, THE EDUCATIONALLY CHALLENGED FUCKNUTS :angry:

So we left, still parched, walked round the strangely still-under-construction-after-what-seems-like-two-decades shopping centre, took a left turn into a road of Georgian two up/two downs to reaveal a hidden oasis of 3 friendly neighbourhood wateringholes on one street. Smashing. 

London was crawling with rugby buffer types, who were mostly monumentally pissed service men & women in town for the annual Army/Navy game. Which is not really about the game, more of a reunion for old comrades. On alighting the train at Clapham we somehow got into a sort of singing contest with some gruff looking Gulf War (1) veterans. Rest assured readers, WE FUCKIN ANNHILATED THEM :good: and proceeded to chat up the reasonably comely looking Army lasses the Vets were formerly talking to, the ladies more than impressed with our vocal performance and ability to put a cohererant sentence together after a day of looking for pubs in suburban Hertfordshire. Included in their number was a native of the fine Tyneside hamlet of tranquility and rural charm that is Kenton. So I was shooting the breeze with her for a bit, I asked her about her career in the forces, what unit she was in etc and was informed that she worked in the intelligence unit of the Royal Engineers. Suitably impressed I asked her, a fairly small dainty looking lass maybe around late 20s, blonde & fresh faced and looking a million miles from the sort of Gate inhabiting party girls she may have grew up with, if she had a stripe or two on her arm as part of her job..."No I have a full commission and I'm a Lieutenant, soon to be a captain, ye cheeky bastaad" was her somewhat unexpected reply :lol:

So. that was me well and truly told. Wembley on Wednesday for round two of the end of season tour :ok: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Good day yesterday spoilt by a fuckin wretched first half display. It's my contention that Watfords first goal is one of the worst I've seen us concede. Ever.  :cuppa:

Watford itself has all the soul and character of galvanised dustbin. The pub near the station wasn't open at 1130, so we set out on an expedition to find other sources of refreshment nearby. The One Bell had a hoarding around it preventing access, so it was onwards to the assault course of the pedestrianisation works being carried out further up the high street which, once deftly completed, allowed entry into the heady delights of the local Wetherspoons. Gigantic bar with 4 witless teenagers serving hoardes of droothy football supporters. Big town Watford, close to London, fair to say a long tradition of football supporters visiting it;

THERE IS NOW ONLY ONE PUB ON ITS ENTIRE HIGH STREET AND ITS A FUCKIN WETHERSPOONS STAFFED BY CHILDREN WHO COULDNT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHO WAS NEXT IN THE QUEUE, THE EDUCATIONALLY CHALLENGED FUCKNUTS :angry:

So we left, still parched, walked round the strangely still-under-construction-after-what-seems-like-two-decades shopping centre, took a left turn into a road of Georgian two up/two downs to reaveal a hidden oasis of 3 friendly neighbourhood wateringholes on one street. Smashing. 

London was crawling with rugby buffer types, who were mostly monumentally pissed service men & women in town for the annual Army/Navy game. Which is not really about the game, more of a reunion for old comrades. On alighting the train at Clapham we somehow got into a sort of singing contest with some gruff looking Gulf War (1) veterans. Rest assured readers, WE FUCKIN ANNHILATED THEM :good: and proceeded to chat up the reasonably comely looking Army lasses the Vets were formerly talking to, the ladies more than impressed with our vocal performance and ability to put a cohererant sentence together after a day of looking for pubs in suburban Hertfordshire. Included in their number was a native of the fine Tyneside hamlet of tranquility and rural charm that is Kenton. So I was shooting the breeze with her for a bit, I asked her about her career in the forces, what unit she was in etc and was informed that she worked in the intelligence unit of the Royal Engineers. Suitably impressed I asked her, a fairly small dainty looking lass maybe around late 20s, blonde & fresh faced and looking a million miles from the sort of Gate inhabiting party girls she may have grew up with, if she had a stripe or two on her arm as part of her job..."No I have a full commission and I'm a Lieutenant, soon to be a captain, ye cheeky bastaad" was her somewhat unexpected reply :lol:

So. that was me well and truly told. Wembley on Wednesday for round two of the end of season tour :ok: 

This is what I miss about away days. :good:

The young knackers throwing beer around concourses and singing shit, non-nufc songs? Not so much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This is what I miss about away days. :good:

The young knackers throwing beer around concourses and singing shit, non-nufc songs? Not so much.

Aye we mostly try to steer clear of that crowd. London games are good for us, we can get home in two hours so it allows us a couple of hours extra to have a gargle. The pub by the station after the game was full of mags necking pints double quick then rushing off to get the connection to kings cross. There was one fairly excitable young lad in there who was ingratiating himself with the locals by bellowing "NAME A BETTER ENGLISH CENTRE BACK THAN LASCELLES!" and "NAME A BETTER PASSER OF THE BALL THAN  SHELVEY!!" at three fairly non plussed Watford fans having a quiet post match pint :lol:

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t know what you’re morning about, Wetherspoons comes highly recommended by one of our esteemed former posters.

It's a Brexit friendly franchise but I'm all for supporting your local small businesses. 

4 hours ago, SpaceCadet said:

It's a Brexit friendly franchise but I'm all for supporting your local small businesses. 

Like a Christmas friendly Turkey. 

I've stayed out of the political discourse, but I cannot imagine an aware human thinking Brexit is anything but an unmitigated clusterfuck, voted for by bigots and Kool Aid swilling Conservative sycophants. CT would support a cull on taxi-drivers if the Tories announced it. 

Sooner the Western world moves away from picking a political team to support, the better.

On 5/5/2018 at 23:56, Anorthernsoul said:

The one thing I will say is the whole game changed when Ritchie came on, he brought the whole offensive setup together.

And when he took Murphy off to accommodate him.  He was shocking, and I can only assume we bought the wrong brother.

18 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

And when he took Murphy off to accommodate him.  He was shocking, and I can only assume we bought the wrong brother.

Reported 

12 hours ago, SpaceCadet said:

I've seen Shelvey with his handson his lap whilst the opposition attack, costing us points. It's a mental thing he really needs to address.

It's a couldn't -give-a-fuck thing.Very few goals or assists this season so what's the point in keeping him.