The general fitness thread

SpaceCadet

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

CrossFit wankers need to get a life and stop banging on about their CrossFit family.

Play a real sport 

I quite enjoy the Fittest On Earth documentaries that are on Netflix. These people are insanely dedicated. But I wonder if they ever feel any benefit from being fit or if they're always just on the edge of injury and breakdown. 

Enjoying my running at the minute, with parkrun on Saturdays, a 10k series on Wednesdays at various parks around that London and longer runs sprinkled around when I can, so there's a gym membership getting seriously minimal use as a result. Probably working out at £20 a visit right now. :lol:

Tough Mudder and its ilk can go whistle. Designed for weirdos who actually liked their school PE teacher.

• Haha 1

I've been doing compound lifts on 1900 cals for a few weeks to try and shift some flab. It's worked I've gone from an embarrassing 92kg to 82-83 since mid feb but I've hurt my lower back. Taking in 170g of protein minimum daily to stop muscle wasting. Just bought a weight belt to try and help me train through the injury, should have had it all along tbf. My new job has a gym and physio on site as well, you can go to her for "deep sport massages" whatever they are

As someone who was pushing 14 1/2st and got down to 12st in 6months, you don't need a fad diet or a gym membership.

Run 3 nights a week, ruthlessly cut out sweets, crisps and fizzy drinks and eat as much chicken as you want. Calorie deficit shifts weight 

• Like 1

Aye, fad diets seem to result in piling more on than you started with once you stop.  I don't know if the science backs that up but that's been my experience.

Yes, and a lot of diets have that built-in because you're expected to maintain impossible standards for the rest of your life.

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

As someone who was pushing 14 1/2st and got down to 12st in 6months, you don't need a fad diet or a gym membership.

Run 3 nights a week, ruthlessly cut out sweets, crisps and fizzy drinks and eat as much chicken as you want. Calorie deficit shifts weight 

Weight lifting is better for calorie burning than running/cardio. 

Oh and if you're in calorie deficit without getting enough protein your body will basically eat it's muscles.

Shit advice all round from you really

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fitness. Urghhh :(

Clearly you haven't stepped out of a hot shower after a proper workout. Give it a go, get a personal trainer to help you develop your form and get a few supplements to boot. You've nothing to lose and alot to gain.

18 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Clearly you haven't stepped out of a hot shower after a proper workout. Give it a go, get a personal trainer to help you develop your form and get a few supplements to boot. You've nothing to lose and alot to gain.

What do all you fit people do with your fitness? Seems to me you just do more fit stuff and have no time for all the fun stuff.

Luckily I come from a line of long living wasters who have enoughmibility to do all the age appropriate stuff. I’m just hoping it doesn’t skip a .............

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

What do all you fit people do with your fitness? Seems to me you just do more fit stuff and have no time for all the fun stuff.

Luckily I come from a line of long living wasters who have enoughmibility to do all the age appropriate stuff. I’m just hoping it doesn’t skip a .............

The Enoughmibility Diet. 

Eat all the pamato’s 

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

have no time for all the fun stuff

You don't have to become Mr Universe to get the benefits of working out (fun stuff like actual happy chemicals, good self-image etc.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Whenit comes down to it, it's all about how you feel about yourself. 

1 minute ago, adios said:

You don't have to become Mr Universe to get the benefits of working out (fun stuff like actual happy chemicals, good self-image etc.)

Yep.

I'm no Frank Zane myself but I love reaping the rewards of an hours workout.