The general fitness thread

SpaceCadet

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Thats for girls tbf

Or junkies.

Edited by adios
  • Haha 2

One of the oldest trees known to have existed, a Bristlecone Pine over 5000 years old, was cut down to retrieve a tree corer (used to find out how old a tree is), which was stuck in its trunk. 

:CT: 

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

What do all you fit people do with your fitness? Seems to me you just do more fit stuff and have no time for all the fun stuff.

That's why I like running. You get to see the real world and breathe the air - I had a really nice jog along some of the more unloved sections of the Thames Path in the early-morning sunshine today, for example - and you get to see more than you would on a walk for the same amount of time. :)

And then you can eat a fuckload of cake afterwards with no guilt.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

it's not really, you can't build muscle and drop weight at the same time, you wanna cut, you need to be in a caloric deficit.

you can build strength and drop weight (anf bf% in the process) but don't be expecting to have arms like arnie as part of the same process

Aye but you can maintain muscle and cut weight or at the very worst minimise your muscle loss whilst cutting. It's no good losing 2 stone if only half of that is fat loss

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I do karate and snowboarding for fitness as they are my hobbies.

I used to be ignorant towards karate... it's an intelligent and unique discipline. I wish I'd have given it a go.

I've tripped up doing measurements in my back garden and are feeling discomfort in my left knee consistent with a torn meniscus which I've had the mispleasure of experiencing twice before.

Today I secured a job running baking trays from warehouse to clients across country and now it looks as though I'll have a trip to a&e to have a brace fitted so I may have to postpone my start date.

Myself and Daniel Sturridge are one and the fucking same. 

A&E - “ Hello, what’s the emergency?”

Coventory Tit- “ I’m feeling discomfort in my left meniscus”

A&E- “ …”

Coventory Tit- “ THE NHS IS BROKEN!!”

4 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Weight lifting is better for calorie burning than running/cardio. 

Oh and if you're in calorie deficit without getting enough protein your body will basically eat it's muscles.

Shit advice all round from you really

It's a fallacy that lifting weights is better at burning fat/calories than good old fashioned cardio.

Hope your bad back gets better before you put any weight back on

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

What do all you fit people do with your fitness? Seems to me you just do more fit stuff and have no time for all the fun stuff.

Luckily I come from a line of long living wasters who have enoughmibility to do all the age appropriate stuff. I’m just hoping it doesn’t skip a .............

Proud non-reader and now proud lazy bastard.