The wonderful world of Sol Campbell

Smooth Operator

What the fuck is going on here then?

Stroms out of Highbury at half time after being subbed, Wenger comes out and says he's not likely to play in the near future, then Pires comes out and says he's got personal problems and now on Sky's website, Wenger is saying he doesn't know where the fuck he is?

All that and then you've got pundits like Hansen saying he'll never play for England again.

The poor lad hasn't been supported very much it seems, of all people I would have thought Wenger would have managed this situatio a bit more privately and discreetly.

Campbell and Jenas according to N-O.

88846[/snapback]

:doubleact:

Bollocks!

88847[/snapback]

I'll believe it when I read it like. Apparently it'll be in Sunday's papers.

88846[/snapback]

Bollocks!

88847[/snapback]

Not sure if I've posted this before but one of my mate's sisters ahs got this mate form Manchester who's a page 3, to cut a long story short their out in the town one night and bump into Jenas and a few of his mates from Nottingham, one thing leads to another and they end up back at Jenas's house where he manages to get himslef into this stunners knickers, only he didn't want to fuck her, he went to the bottom of the bed, bent over and asked her to stick her fingers up his arse.

Heard it from my mates sister and I honestly believe her,

Ravtash will back me up on this one, the lass is not a liar and even if she was why would she make something up like that.

88846[/snapback]

Bollocks!

88847[/snapback]

Not sure if I've posted this before but one of my mate's sisters ahs got this mate form Manchester who's a page 3, to cut a long story short their out in the town one night and bump into Jenas and a few of his mates from Nottingham, one thing leads to another and they end up back at Jenas's house where he manages to get himslef into this stunners knickers, only he didn't want to fuck her, he went to the bottom of the bed, bent over and asked her to stick her fingers up his arse.

Heard it from my mates sister and I honestly believe her,

Ravtash will back me up on this one, the lass is not a liar and even if she was why would she make something up like that.

88857[/snapback]

:o:suicide::jihad::blush::blink::blink:

Different perspective:

The skilful footballer who suffers in silence

By Ben Fenton

(Filed: 04/02/2006)

In the clamour and glamour of professional football, rumour tends to fill the vacuum left by thoughtfulness.

That has proved to be the case for Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell, better known as Sol, youngest of 12 children of a working-class family from Stratford, east London.

Because he tends not to give celebrity interviews or discuss his relationships on the sofas of chat-show television, Campbell becomes a target of speculation about his private life.

Because he reads books without pictures in and has talked about becoming an actor when he hangs up his very large boots, Campbell has been the victim of innuendo about his sexuality.

It has happened to other footballers, too. The more intense and considered, the harder they are to pigeonhole, the more likely they are to be marked as odd, eccentric, difficult.

Words such as "troubled" become associated with them if they don't wear idiot grins and get drunk on expensive Champagne. Campbell, 31, has the track record of a proven and top-class footballer, but has still suffered for his talents.

He has 66 international caps and, at the last two World Cups, was picked in the "team of the tournament" selected by Fifa, the sport's governing body. He was the only England player to be so honoured. But he is a very quiet man. His graven features and apparent unwillingness to expose his feelings led one journalist to describe him as being "as inscrutable as an Easter Island megalith".

But the centre-back, once first choice at the heart of England's defence, rejects the idea that he is aloof. He said: "They think, 'Oh, he's a quiet little boy'. You don't get to be where you are by being a quiet little boy."

Campbell is regarded as intelligent and self-sufficient. He is the only major player to have negotiated his own "Bosman" contract when his 10-year attachment to Tottenham Hotspur expired in 2001. But therein lies the key to his troubles.

When he left Spurs, Campbell did the one thing that the fans could never forgive him for: he joined Arsenal. Few rivalries in British football are as visceral as the one between the two north London clubs.

It seems likely that rumours about his private life, in short that he was homosexual, began on the internet chat rooms of Tottenham fans.

But for a man supposedly gay, he has had an awful lot of girlfriends. A two-minute search in an archive of gossip columns since 2001 produces no fewer than seven women's names romantically linked to Campbell, including the singer Dido and the Swiss tennis player Martina Hingis.

Most recently he has had a relationship with Kelly Hoppen, a well-known interior designer, though they have now split up. This romance also broke the footballer's mould, for Miss Hoppen is 14 years older than Campbell.

"People have these perceptions of you and they're based on portrayals written by guys who've never had five minutes with you," he said. "Why get worked up about it? There's a huge difference between the real me and the stereotyped footballer."

Whatever he is and wherever he might be, Sulzeer Campbell is not your average footballer.

bfenton@telegraph.co.uk

"People have these perceptions of you and they're based on portrayals written by guys who've never had five minutes with you," he said. "Why get worked up about it? There's a huge difference between the real me and the stereotyped footballer."

Wants to practice what he preaches.