Where is Souness's Chronicle mate?

East Stander

I think he's winding down ready for retirement, I'm sure we're all relieved about that.....

88838[/snapback]

I wouldn't relieve on him if he was on fire.

I think he's winding down ready for retirement, I'm sure we're all relieved about that.....

88838[/snapback]

88841[/snapback]

Well, he's made few friends over the last two years. In his defence, it is a difficult job politically wise. You basically have to toe the club line or you get no exclusives - especially when you get a headcase like Souness in charge. But unlike Souness, I don't blame all the shit that's happened over the past 18 months on Oliver.

88838[/snapback]

88841[/snapback]

Well, he's made few friends over the last two years. In his defence, it is a difficult job politically wise. You basically have to toe the club line or you get no exclusives - especially when you get a headcase like Souness in charge. But unlike Souness, I don't blame all the shit that's happened over the past 18 months on Oliver.

88845[/snapback]

I blame a lot of it on the geezer he writes on behalf of though.

A week after his "mate" has gone and Mr O re-appears in today's Ronny Gill. Bet he's gutted he has missed out on putting the boot in but I'm sure he'll make up for it in time!

91475[/snapback]

I noticed he'd returned today. Interesting story as well, claiming Emre and Luque came in to do training today when the squad had the day off. Must have killed him, two foreigners showing a bit of commitment.

A week after his "mate" has gone and Mr O re-appears in today's Ronny Gill. Bet he's gutted he has missed out on putting the boot in but I'm sure he'll make up for it in time!

91475[/snapback]

I noticed he'd returned today. Interesting story as well, claiming Emre and Luque came in to do training today when the squad had the day off. Must have killed him, two foreigners showing a bit of commitment.

91483[/snapback]

Probably didn't know it was the day off, being foreigners.

91475[/snapback]

91483[/snapback]

Probably didn't know it was the day off, being foreigners.

91519[/snapback]

I heard they were loading equipment from the kitchen into the back of a transit.

I heard they were loading equipment from the kitchen into the back of a transit.

91531[/snapback]

That was Given and Carr. :razz:

91545[/snapback]

:lol: True, I really need to work on my racial slurs!

91475[/snapback]

91483[/snapback]

Still called Luque a misfit

It says in the Chronicle today that Luque won't even be on the bench tomorrow and Roeder has said that he will name the same XI and substitutes. What the hell is that all about? You could say he doesn't exactly deserve to be in the starting line-up after his performances for us, but to have a subs bench of Elliott, Clark, Bowyer and Dyer is just pointless. Why isn't he on the bench instead of Clark or Bowyer? It doesn't make sense not to have a striker on the bench. You could say that Dyer can come in and play up front, which is fair enough, but Clark and Bowyer are quite similar in what they offer/don't offer.

How is he supposed to find his form and make an impact if he doesn't even get a place on the bench? Roeder is also blatantly pissing him off by doing it, I'm not sure that will help his morale.

It says in the Chronicle today that Luque won't even be on the bench tomorrow and Roeder has said that he will name the same XI and substitutes. What the hell is that all about? You could say he doesn't exactly deserve to be in the starting line-up after his performances for us, but to have a subs bench of Elliott, Clark, Bowyer and Dyer is just pointless. Why isn't he on the bench instead of Clark or Bowyer? It doesn't make sense not to have a striker on the bench. You could say that Dyer can come in and play up front, which is fair enough, but Clark and Bowyer are quite similar in what they offer/don't offer.

How is he supposed to find his form and make an impact if he doesn't even get a place on the bench? Roeder is also blatantly pissing him off by doing it, I'm not sure that will help his morale.

92608[/snapback]

Other way to look at it is that he's trying to make him hungry for the Southampton game (although I think Dyer will start that, so not sure if Luque will play)

92608[/snapback]

Other way to look at it is that he's trying to make him hungry for the Southampton game (although I think Dyer will start that, so not sure if Luque will play)

92612[/snapback]

Good point, hopefully you're right.

88845[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a good point, it's a bit of a tricky situation, not that I'm saying the bloke's not an arse sometimes. :lol: