Rafa's god-like grafters v Antonio's turgid turds

Dr Gloom

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Palace 2 up. Our top half finish could be in jeopardy 

Does there not need to be another swing of 5 goals for them to go past us?

Just now, Andrew said:

Does there not need to be another swing of 5 goals for them to go past us?

2 in it as things stand. So if they score another and we concede one, or if they score two or we concede two they go ahead I think. Does it still go on goals for if GD is the same?

On 5/10/2018 at 09:50, Andrew said:

These are shite, we'll batter them.

3-1, Lascelles to cement his place in the England setup by turning Eden Hazard into a fine dust during a 50:50.

Chelsea just didn't do their bit today. Shite.

On 10/05/2018 at 09:46, Dr Gloom said:

Three zip to the Geordie boys: 

Not only does this fella start the match threads, he tells us the fucking score !!!

Hail Dr Gloom, definitely not  gloomy :D

• Like 1

A nice result to highlight Cahill's superiority to Lascelles for Southgate. He's a helmet for not having picked him once in friendlies. And he's a fucking turbo dickhead if Shelvey doesn't go. He shouldn't just be going he should be starting. 

Class performance and a great way to end the season.

Agree with those saying these sort of performances highlight why Shelvey should be going to the World Cup. Sadly the manager is a bloke who would say his favorite drink is water, so he’ll take Livermore, Dier, and Henderson. 

At last, something I have been waiting for, hoping for, some good football played for 90 minutes.

How the fuck did we lose four in a row with a team like that?

Perhaps now you can see why I have moaned so much, it was there but hardly ever showed.

Even Murphy performed well.

Keeper didn't have much to do but when called on was brilliant, we need to keep that keeper.

Should have been 3 - 0 at half-time if Shelvey and Perez hadn't missed great chances.

Benitez says it was a perfect day.

The way the team was working the whole season, to be safe with five games to play - it was a pity the bad run we had so we had to do something to change the luck.

It was a perfect day for the players, fans and everyone. It was a great atmosphere the whole game and whole day.

Benitez on the chants:

Very proud to hear that. What the players have done is massive. It’s brilliant.

What must be done, says Rafa:

What I like is to be sure the team can compete to finish above tenth. This group of players have done very well but we have to do something more to make sure the group is stronger and more competitive. We have to have confidence in our team that they can go anywhere and win.

On the future:

We have a couple of players on loan, couple of players leaving - we need to sign players to have competition.

We have had a good medical staff - they have done a great job because we have not had many injuries. Imagine this team with a few injuries?

We need a squad that is capable of competing in the Premier League.

Rafa’s asked whether he will be here first game of next season:

I’m really pleased today and I will try to enjoy it.

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

The way the team was working the whole season, to be safe with five games to play - it was a pity the bad run we had so we had to do something to change the luck.

It was a perfect day for the players, fans and everyone. It was a great atmosphere the whole game and whole day.

Benitez on the chants:

What I like is to be sure the team can compete to finish above tenth. This group of players have done very well but we have to do something more to make sure the group is stronger and more competitive. We have to have confidence in our team that they can go anywhere and win.

On the future:

We have a couple of players on loan, couple of players leaving - we need to sign players to have competition.

We have had a good medical staff - they have done a great job because we have not had many injuries. Imagine this team with a few injuries?

Sounds like a farewell to me mate

25 minutes ago, trooper said:

Benitez on the chants:

On the future:

Sounds very good...until the last sentence  

Only 13 days in the bottom 3, and even then never lower than 18th. Brilliant season, Ashley should be breaking his neck to keep this bloke it’s not even like Rafa will be asking for a fortune.