Iran

Anorthernsoul

While I’m quite prepared that it could all go tits up, people said similar when Trump went off on North Korea and that seems to be heading in a very positive direction.

I appreciate that Iran is a bit more complicated given all the vested interests within Iran and all the trigger happy nutters in the region.

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

While I’m quite prepared that it could all go tits up, people said similar when Trump went off on North Korea and that seems to be heading in a very positive direction.

I appreciate that Iran is a bit more complicated given all the vested interests within Iran and all the trigger happy nutters in the region.

Not sure how effective a nuclear bunker made out of wooden pallets is going to be.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Aye but that was pure luck and down to NK's testing facilities being destroyed in an accident.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

And the fact that Iran have been playing by the rules.

Im not going to over argue this with any conviction because I’m only really going on the various discussions that have been highlighted on the news this week. 

But he and and many others in the US have big concerns about the deal and various aspects of it.  

Their ballistic missile plans

The sunset clauses

The limitations on inspections

Irans activities in the region

Now If Trump thinks that by imposing even heavier sanctions and taking a harder line he can pull off a better deal down the road, then that would be a good outcome.

Judging by his recent desire to pull troops out of Syria, I don’t think he has any desire to get a war going.

Just seems to me that he is taking a no nonsense business like approach to these sort of issues and as with North Korea it might produce a better result.

Its equally quite possible that it goes tits up, but I don’t see it at the minute.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye but that was pure luck and down to NK's testing facilities being destroyed in an accident.

I thinks that pretty disingenuous to Trump tbf. Most fair minded observers think he’s handling the North Korean issue very well.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I thinks that pretty disingenuous to Trump tbf. Most fair minded observers think he’s handling the North Korean issue very well.

I don’t think you know what that means or the correct context in which to use it

Tubbs, does it give you any pause at all, that your best Tory chum, the only one who's ever agreed with you, is a genuine fucking Nazi? :lol:  

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 16:11, Christmas Tree said:

Like a crystal ball made of shit.

So Iran shot down the plane, according to the releases coming out now. And apparently will hand over the black boxes.

They responded to the killing of their general by lightly grazing some US bases and killing 100 Iranians plus 70 or so others, none of whom were American.

Pathetic.

Hannity broadcast on Fox that b-52s were on the way along with a load of other shit just before it happened supposedly - would have made any nervous trigger fingers itchy if true. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...