Super Sunday

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Who'll be watching?

Superbowl

Super Bowl XL pits the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Seattle Seahawks in Detroit on Sunday.

Pittsburgh have been installed as the favourites after overhauling the mighty Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos.

But Seattle had the more potent offence during the regular season en route to a record of 13 wins and three losses.

The Seahawks will heavily rely on running back Shaun Alexander, who was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player after rushing for 1,880 yards.

But Steelers running back Jerome Bettis is unquestionably the story of the Super Bowl as he looks to bow out in style in front of his home fans.

"The Bus" sits proudly at number five on the NFL's all-time rushers list with 13,662 career yards to his name.

And he is so popular in Detroit that Steelers owner Dan Rooney said: "I think he could run for mayor of Detroit - and probably win."

Bettis remains modest, however.

"First of all, to be in the Super Bowl, I am living the dream. Then to be at home, it's unbelievable," said Bettis.

"I just want to be remembered as a running back who was abnormal, obviously, but had really good feet."

At 5ft 11in and 260-pounds, 33-year-old Bettis is a throwback to the past in an era dominated by sleek athletes.

And his team have to look back to 1980 for their last Super Bowl victory, which came against the Los Angeles Rams.

Seattle, on the other hand, had not won a play-off game in 21 years until this season and are in the Super Bowl for the first time in their 30-year history.

Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson is fed up of pre-match hype about Pittsburgh being the likely winners.

"Frankly, we get sick of hearing it- you'd think we'd earned respect. All we can do is keep winning," he said.

Seattle's 34-14 win over Carolina in the NFC title game was part of a 14-game run in which their only loss was the regular-season finale in Green Bay, during which they rested their starters for most of the game.

Super Bowl XL will have a British flavour to it with the Rolling Stones performing at the half-time show.

My money would be on the Steelers. Offence wins games, Defence wins championships as they say over there.

Who'll be watching?

Superbowl

Super Bowl XL pits the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Seattle Seahawks in Detroit on Sunday.

Pittsburgh have been installed as the favourites after overhauling the mighty Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos.

But Seattle had the more potent offence during the regular season en route to a record of 13 wins and three losses.

The Seahawks will heavily rely on running back Shaun Alexander, who was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player after rushing for 1,880 yards.

But Steelers running back Jerome Bettis is unquestionably the story of the Super Bowl as he looks to bow out in style in front of his home fans.

"The Bus" sits proudly at number five on the NFL's all-time rushers list with 13,662 career yards to his name.

And he is so popular in Detroit that Steelers owner Dan Rooney said: "I think he could run for mayor of Detroit - and probably win."

Bettis remains modest, however.

"First of all, to be in the Super Bowl, I am living the dream. Then to be at home, it's unbelievable," said Bettis.

"I just want to be remembered as a running back who was abnormal, obviously, but had really good feet."

At 5ft 11in and 260-pounds, 33-year-old Bettis is a throwback to the past in an era dominated by sleek athletes.

And his team have to look back to 1980 for their last Super Bowl victory, which came against the Los Angeles Rams.

Seattle, on the other hand, had not won a play-off game in 21 years until this season and are in the Super Bowl for the first time in their 30-year history.

Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson is fed up of pre-match hype about Pittsburgh being the likely winners.

"Frankly, we get sick of hearing it- you'd think we'd earned respect. All we can do is keep winning," he said.

Seattle's 34-14 win over Carolina in the NFC title game was part of a 14-game run in which their only loss was the regular-season finale in Green Bay, during which they rested their starters for most of the game.

Super Bowl XL will have a British flavour to it with the Rolling Stones performing at the half-time show.

My money would be on the Steelers. Offence wins games, Defence wins championships as they say over there.

88962[/snapback]

fucking load of bollocks

if you ask me :doubleact:

Sundays have not been super since Bullseye stopped being shown..

88983[/snapback]

rumour has it bullseye will be back shortly - all new and shiny as well

88985[/snapback]

Still with super,great,smashing Jim Bowen I trust?

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Sundays have not been super since Bullseye stopped being shown..

88983[/snapback]

rumour has it bullseye will be back shortly - all new and shiny as well

88985[/snapback]

Still with super,great,smashing Jim Bowen I trust?

88987[/snapback]

No :doubleact:

going to the "Hard Rock Cafe"... gonna be a fucking rip off, but my mates in the American Football Team insist...

they want to play wacky drinking games, like a tequilla shot for every holding foul, down your drink for every fumble and pass your drink to the right for every interception....

zany I tell thee!

going to the "Hard Rock Cafe"... gonna be a fucking rip off, but my mates in the American Football Team insist...

they want to play wacky drinking games, like a tequilla shot for every holding foul, down your drink for every fumble and pass your drink to the right for every interception....

zany I tell thee!

89000[/snapback]

You could be the team mascot - you're shaped a bit like an oversized American football these days. :doubleact::o

zany I tell thee!

89000[/snapback]

You could be the team mascot - you're shaped a bit like an oversized American football these days. :doubleact::suicide:

89012[/snapback]

:o

But hes got fast metabolism so its ok :jihad: