Jonjo Shelvey

Anorthernsoul

Criminally overlooked for the World Cup squad but let's take stock and look back at his season, we haven't had a passer at the club like him for a very long time, absolutely top draw. Moments that stick out for me are his ball for for Joselu's goal against Liverpool and his ball into Kenedy for his goal against Southampton. 

Hopefully he can take his form into next season and really kick on.

When we're 0-0 v Tunisia and Henderson is rolling it back to Jones in defence and its the 86th minute we will be fucking crying out for him. 

Get a rest Jonjo and smash it again next season. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

When we're 0-0 v Tunisia and Henderson is rolling it back to Jones in defence and its the 86th minute we will be fucking crying out for him. 

Get a rest Jonjo and smash it again next season. 

Word.

• 3 years later...

Doesn’t mean it’s effective. Like spraying a 50 yard pass to someone on the opposite wing with less ability on the ball actually puts you in a worse position. He’s a great technician but his overall contribution in cm is negligible. 

• Like 1

Surprising stat that, apart from the first 2 games he played under Howe , I don't think he's even been good at passing.

I hate the lazy cnut, and hate is a strong word - just the way he points at the player he should be watching and then walks with that nonchalant head down way he's got. 

Sometimes , I swear he hides behind players deliberately , so he's not available for the ball - because he doesn't see a hollywood pass on.

Don't understand why he doesn't shoot more either , how about that free kick in the last 10 minutes this season, where he passed it instead of shooting against an outfield player in goal. I don't understand him at all.

25 minutes ago, strawb said:

Rice is a rolls royce of a midfielder who can everything, shelvey is physically abysmal 

:lol:

Physically abysmal is not a review any professional sportsman wants to pick up. 

Heeya man, he's pua physabys. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Doesn’t mean it’s effective. Like spraying a 50 yard pass to someone on the opposite wing with less ability on the ball actually puts you in a worse position. He’s a great technician but his overall contribution in cm is negligible. 

What they leave off is how many that go missing :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's to be hoped mr logic isn't lurking....

:lol: To be fair the post only states a number that were effective, he could have triple the attempted long balls others on the list have. 

Shelvey is wank tbh. I don’t give a flying fuck what stat that bloke who said he was good used he’s a passenger most games, he’s got the ability to be impactful but he so rarely shows it. 

• Like 1