HR Experts

wykikitoon

I am looking at cutting down my hours to do 4 days a week.  I want Monday's off as I can help out and look after my nephew.

What is the SP when it comes to Bank Holidays?  I will still be staff, just going for 37.5 a week down to 30h a week.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It sharp will be if you don’t get your Bank Holidays and some other, eminently-less-able-than-you fucker gets theirs. :razz:

Then the OP title would be "criminal defendant" experts.

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I am looking at cutting down my hours to do 4 days a week.  I want Monday's off as I can help out and look after my nephew.

What is the SP when it comes to Bank Holidays?  I will still be staff, just going for 37.5 a week down to 30h a week.

I'm just finishing 6 months of a flexible working request I managed to get on compassionate grounds. Your company by law must listen to your request when written down, (they should have a form to fill out) and must give a good business reason why they can't accommodate you. You, therefore, must make it as hard as possible for them to knock you back by stating how your new flexible hours won't impact the business so much. PM me if you need any more help or want to give details privately. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman

Cheers man.

I was supposed to have my Annual Review in April.  For whatever reason it's never happened.  After my last seizure in late March I worked 4 days for a few weeks just to get extra recovery in.  I have felt fine since, but I want to spend more time with my nephew and also enjoy life a bit!  The seizures returning after 17 years shook me up a bit.  I was going to bring this up in my AR.  My AR was rescheduled for this Monday, again, it never happened.  I was then told it was going to happen Tuesday.  Again, it never happened.

So yesterday I emailed the directors saying I was going to bring it up in my AR but it keeps getting put back.  I have heard fuck all since.  Aye, it's only a day but fuck me, even an acknowledgement would be respectful from them!

I have said Monday's most from a personal view, but I thought as most of our deadlines are Friday's i can use that as a reason why it's good.  It wouldn't impact on that.  I am also willing to ensure none of my deadlines are impacted by overtime etc.

Will hopefully hear something soon, if not they will just get my notice and I'll go self employed.

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Cheers man.

I was supposed to have my Annual Review in April.  For whatever reason it's never happened.  After my last seizure in late March I worked 4 days for a few weeks just to get extra recovery in.  I have felt fine since, but I want to spend more time with my nephew and also enjoy life a bit!  The seizures returning after 17 years shook me up a bit.  I was going to bring this up in my AR.  My AR was rescheduled for this Monday, again, it never happened.  I was then told it was going to happen Tuesday.  Again, it never happened.

So yesterday I emailed the directors saying I was going to bring it up in my AR but it keeps getting put back.  I have heard fuck all since.  Aye, it's only a day but fuck me, even an acknowledgement would be respectful from them!

I have said Monday's most from a personal view, but I thought as most of our deadlines are Friday's i can use that as a reason why it's good.  It wouldn't impact on that.  I am also willing to ensure none of my deadlines are impacted by overtime etc.

Will hopefully hear something soon, if not they will just get my notice and I'll go self employed.

See HR for a form if they have it. They have to respond.

:lol:

The thing that's fucked me off.

The main gaffer who I was having my AR with, was in all day Monday & Tuesday.  Monday at 16:50 I was told by him that we would have to reschedule my review until Tuesday.  Tuesday fuck all was mentioned.  He has responded to other emails about other stuff since my email to him about 4 days.

Doesn't even have the courtesy to say 'Thanks, we can discuss this on X day'  Nope.  Nothing, fuck all.  The other directors who are just fucking puppets havent responded either.

Well, had my review yesterday.

He started off with 'One of the girls has told me you have slagged off the company on social media for not having your review on time' :lol: I only have Facebook, so got my phone out, went to my FB and asked him to point out where.  I said I haven't deleted anything at all.  There was one post from me saying 'Need help with some HR stuff'  this was in a cycling group I am in.  HR = Heart Rate.  One of the stupid admin bints saw it and totally misinterpreted it and went to tell tales.  When I explained this to him he looked at me as if I was pulling his leg.  So I got my DM's out and showed him a convo I had with a coach about Heart Rate training.  I said I would like a formal apology from the person who accused me of slagging off the company.  He totally dismissed it the fucking spineless cunt.

Regarding my four day weeks, totally dismissed it.  On the grounds he didnt want to have to get someone in to cover for me or have to tell a client XYZ couldnt be done as I wanted to be in.  Yet he is allowing another colleague in a dept that WE are having to cover due to shortages go on 4 days.  He said if I really wanted it I had to put it in writing.  So basically going to do a formal letter now.

Not to be a knob, but is wanting to spend time with your nephew part of the family friendly policy?

As far as I understand it it's more about managing childcare for your kids etc. If people at our place can't meet the demands of the service then they're told to look for a different job that suits their needs better. Otherwise the rest of the staff end up working every night shift, weekend and school holiday so a handful of folk can work the cushy shifts 

Sometimes. It's a fine line between keeping your staff happy by being flexible and not letting them take the piss though 

I do wonder whether wyki's boss would have been more accommodating if he didn't kick off at work every fortnight :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Sometimes. It's a fine line between keeping your staff happy by being flexible and not letting them take the piss though 

I do wonder whether wyki's boss would have been more accommodating if he didn't kick off at work every fortnight :lol:

Aye well you need a more rigid policy with an organisation like the nhs, although my point still stands ;)

Tbh, if wyki’s an asset and it’s doable, it should be a no brainer. Although we all probably know it doesn’t always work like that