HR Experts

wykikitoon

• 1 month later...

Works Christmas do tonight.  A lad has just left but the gaffers have still invited him on the do.  He's a sound lad. Nice touch from the gaffers.

We have a receptionist who is a right unit and he has a serious horn for her.

He's fucking text her just now and told that she has to tell one of the lads who he's good mates with to tell him not to forget the big black dildo for a canny time later on :lol:

Good job he's leaving like lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have been in my current job for just over a year now.  Gaffers are sound as, they get some great projects in.  My immediate boss was a split arse who was shite.  She started the week after me, but they soon got rid.  We were then in limbo for sometime.  But it wasn't bad.  The team is a young inexperienced team, but that wasn't an issue.  They soon realised however when they gave her the bullet there was no immediate gaffer in the office and they started fucking about, taking the piss with the hours etc.  I worked independently so it never bothered me.

Anyway, gaffer asked if I knew anyone around August time and I did.  Put a mates CV forward and they got him in.  He's now my immediate gaffer.  The honeymoon period lasted two weeks and they were back into their ways.  We (me and him) are having a daily battle now trying to get stuff done and sent out.  They have appalling attitudes.  It's not like they cannot do stuff, it's just they cannot be arsed.  My immediate boss and me were called in by the main directors in Nov and Dec to discuss how we could get stuff out quicker as we are getting a lot of stick.  We both told them about the issue's which they knew about.  We suggested a few changes, they agreed but nothing was implemented, nothing has changed.  My immediate boss with 30 years exp is basically fucking begging undergrads to call people up, or do work etc.

Anyways, I am pretty much ready to go now.  I've checked out.  My my boss as a bloke is sound as fuck, he pays me a top wage, he's fair as fuck.  But his lack of managing the situation in the office isn't great. He seems to think that not giving them a payrise or promotion in April means they will leave on their own accord.  I've asked him why would they?  They get to come and go as they please, they don't have to get work out as their is no consequences, they don't have to make any hours up and they get a top Christmas bonus still.  So why leave?

I was approached by an old boss last week.  It's at a company he went to 5 years ago and they need someone at my level.  I've heard good things about the company and my old boss is sound, a great mentor to me when I was younger.  Anyways I told him I would go for a chat.  Gossip has obviously got round as my immediate gaffer said he cant loose me otherwise they don't have anyone to do the work :lol:

Fuck me.  What more can I do other than suggest we need to basically fire 70% of the team.  The main boss said he wont do that, fine.  Put them all on performance reviews.  One of the lads clearly has some ADHD as he shouts and screeches a lot when it goes quiet for more than 10 minutes.  He's currently got 3 jobs all behind, yet has a 2 hour lunch to walk his dog!

I feel guilty for going to have a chat because the main boss is such a nice genuine guy.  But unfortunately he's getting dry bummed by a bunch of cunts who thing they're entitled to everything.  If they were all genuinely coming in, doing a fair shift I wouldn't be going for a chat.  It's the fact not one of them give any flying fuck at all.

You should leave unless he agrees to start putting all these dicks on performance improvement plans and starting the ball rolling on whatever warning system your office has. It's pretty pathetic that he's allowing himself to be played by a bunch of new grads. 

Just tell him straight that you're not happy picking up other people's work AND getting it in the neck for them not doing it. 

@Ant :lol: I told my mate I feel a cunt because things were ok when I suggested him.

Aye @Gemmill.  I have had countless chats with him about it.  He knows the issue. He told me he doesn't want to be seen as a boss who shouts etc.  I said all he has to do is tell them that a 2 hour lunch to walk their dog isn't on.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Isn't your mate supposed to be in charge of them? 

Aye, but I think he also has a feeling because he's new he doesn't feel like he can start smashing faces in.

One lad who is very disruptive I've told him to isolate him on his own.  Keep him away from the rest of the team so he cannot disrupt others.  He and the main gaffer agreed.  What's happend?  Nothing.  He is still sat with 3 others who will happily sit there and talk bollocks all day.

Monday we have a resource meeting.  I asked one lad what he had on.  He said he had a job and I said ok, anything else.  He listed 3 others.  All minor things.   The first job he listed he still hasnt finished.  It's an hours job at most.  Yet nobody question's it.  When I do they all kick off saying it's not my role.  I have 23 years exp in the industry, they have 3.  

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So it's basically your mate isn't doing his job? The first thing he needed to do when he walked through the door was to pick the worst one and smash his bollocks in.

Pretty much.  

He wasn't brought in initially to manage the team though and he outlined that he didn't want to do that to start.  They brought him in to help me as experience.  He's a superb engineer.  They just don't give any respect to senior staff in here at al.  Fair enough if you're being a cunt to them.  I didn't respond well to some engineers when I was younger if they treat me like shit.  But if I had dropped a bollock I would hold my hands up and take the shit then. 

Here, the lad will say can you phone XYZ.  No.  That's it basically.  WTF.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So it's basically your mate isn't doing his job? The first thing he needed to do when he walked through the door was to pick the worst one and smash his bollocks in.

Oh and the worst one is like Will from inbetweeners.  A little Tory faced little cunt.

Around summer I said we would have a GE before the end of the year.  he came out and laughed mouthing off I knew nothing about politics because I was a labour wanker.  I said lets have £20 bet.  He still hasn't paid up.  His parents top his wage up by £500 each month too.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

One of the lads clearly has some ADHD as he shouts and screeches a lot when it goes quiet for more than 10 minutes

Sorry but :lol:

And wait, you have 23 years experience in this industry? I thought you were a young un. 

• Haha 1

Tell your mate that if he doesnt want to actively manage the team, he should give you that responsibility. That way they can't say it's not your role. And you can come in tomorrow in aviators and a big fucking sheriff's badge and start laying down the new street law. 

"Reeeyyyyt lads. Thuz a new sheriff in town ah sed thuz a new sheriff in town."

• Haha 5